Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss B.K.P. Brick near Everest in the Ask The Experts forums; Okay, I admit that I'm terrible at using online forums, and I apologize if this got announced somewhere and I just missed it. Has anyone ever figured out the secret ...
    malcolmc is offline A-Ticket holder

B.K.P. Brick near Everest

Okay, I admit that I'm terrible at using online forums, and I apologize if this got announced somewhere and I just missed it.

Has anyone ever figured out the secret of the lone solitary brick outside of the Yeti Palace Hotel that reads "B.K.P."? (well left of the ride entrance)
    There are very many that read "India", several dozen that read "Stone", one or two dozen that are blank, and only one that reads "B.K.P."?
    Who or what is "B.K.P."? Who helped build/design/fund Everest that matches these initials?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by malcolmc; 04-07-2007 at 09:10 PM. Reason: correct spelling

Excellent question! Too bad I don't know the answer... yet.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

British Katmandu Province?

I don't know but I do have a guess,
    Perhaps it was meant to stand for British Katmandu Province, but even if that is the case I would not be surprised if the imagineer who came up with it had the similar initials (for instance if thres an imagineer named Brian Keith Peterson)

personally I would have went for British Katmandu Mandate, but then my name is Brian Keith Martsolf, so go fig!
    Last edited by bigbrian-nc.com; 04-08-2007 at 09:33 AM.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Hey Malcom!! Welcome to the DWT family!

I remember when you actually asked me this question during MouseFest, and have not been able to get a definitive answer as yet. I like Brian's explanation, but I REALLY wish they paid homage to him and his amazing postcard collection, and made it BKM for now.

Still looking for the real answer.... (probably some random Imagineer methinks)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Thanks LOU! your check is in the mail ;-)

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I have asked someone connected with the Everest project about the initials. She said it wasn't any imagineer that worked on the project, but that she'd have to look into it. If I get an answer, I'll certainly post it here.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    just a giant guess and prob really wrong but Beastly kingdom park? wrong i know and o well there still hope for it i hope
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

malcolmc is offline A-Ticket holder
    Three pieces of speculation:
    * I envision the person who actually fired (poured?) the bricks used that one brick as a test to make sure the process would work. When it worked the first time, their buddy stole the brick and put it in the pile as a practical joke. unlikely since every Imagineer who works in the parks knows everyone is searching for little details.
    * I don't think it's a Hidden Mickey unless one of the film shorts' names has those initials.
    * Even more likely is a small company who was a subcontractor to Disney when Everest was being built.

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    I like your thoughts malcomc.
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!