Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Does anyone collect OLD disney memorabilia? in the Ask The Experts forums; I have a few really older disney items, I was wondering how valuable they were and what other cool OLD stuff you all have. a few of my older things ...
    sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!

Does anyone collect OLD disney memorabilia?

I have a few really older disney items, I was wondering how valuable they were and what other cool OLD stuff you all have.

a few of my older things are, A complete wdw booklet from 1975, also a Cinderella watch from the same year. I have a complete boxed set of disney story books from the 60's and I just got a TOWLE sterling silver Minnie childs hair brush. It has an old fashioned minnie painted on the back, looks really like one from the 50's.
    I would love to know the vaule of that one...

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    If I had more money, I'd collect more. Most of what I have is from the older generations in my family.

My favorite is a watch I got from my Uncle after he passed on. I need to get a new band for it. It's an Ingersoll wind up Mickey Mouse wristwatch from approximately the late 1930s. I have no idea what it's value is, nor do I care. To me, it's priceless and I'll never sell it.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    I feel the same about my Cinderella watch, it was given to me by my parents on my first trip to WDW.... the pink leather band is kind of dry& old looking, but the watch still actually works.
    I sometimes see stuff at yard sales.. i think i am going to get a book about the old stuff just in case I run to something interesting!

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I do. in fact I regularly get on eBay and do a search for "vintage, Disney." it usually comes up with some neat stuff. a lot of it is really affordable.

I collect old theme park memorabilia anyway. My favorite two theme parks to get old stuff from are WDW (of course) and Opryland, which is no longer around.

If we can dream it, we can do it

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day
    i've got a couple of things that aren't as old as some of the stuff mentioned. One is a Mickey Mouse hand puppet. One of the old puppets that reaches down to about the wrist and requires a thumb and pinkey finger in the arms to move them. The other is a goofy hat from the early 90's I believe, it's the old mesh back style with the plastic size adjuster thing. Goofy ears come down the sides and it has eyes on the front, the bill looks like Goofy's "muzzle" and it has two felt buckteeth hanging off the bottom of the bill. I've seen a newer version of it at the parks. I was also wearing it when I met Goofy for the first time when I was little, it was great.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I have a bunch of stuff, some toys from the 70s, one of them is a battery operated train/amusement park set with little fab 5 characters. Sort of a Fisher Price Little People thing. I have Magic Kingdom glass candy dishes and coasters from the 70s, at least one 60s guide book from Disneyland. Old Tiki cocktail glass from the Polynesian. Ashtrays too. I haven't been to any garage sales or thrift stores in a long time but that is where I scooped up most of my goodies. My mom has a souvenir book from her Disneyland honeymoon in '67, that is so gonna be mine when she decides to part with it.

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski
    I have just started collecting Disney memorabilia. I have a juice glass from the 1960's, a Donald Duck chocolate syrup can various Christmas ornaments. I really really want the 1939 Snow White and the seven dwarfs lunch pail. I have seen them on eBay for over $400.00. There is one in "One Man's Dream" glass cases. I will start collecting more and more.
    We had a great time at the Caribbean Beach. Hope to go next year with all the kids and grandkids!!!

Susan

I live 1717 miles from WDW