Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disney Store Question in the Ask The Experts forums; I have a question. I'm thinking of applying for a job at the Disny Store soon. What do they offer (discounts, etc)? I will try to get a job there ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Question Disney Store Question

I have a question. I'm thinking of applying for a job at the Disny Store soon. What do they offer (discounts, etc)? I will try to get a job there no matter what!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    No discounts at DisneyWorld anymore as the stores are no longer owned by Disney. Disney Store CMs used to get in to the Parks free. In addition, for family members, we got 4 one day hoppers per hear - these were good for 24 months so we could save them for a couple of years of exchange them with other CMs for future dates. And, we could get half off on resorts and 35% off on food and purchases. It was hard to lose those benefits!!

Now, you get 30% off on purchase at The Disney Store and Children's Place only - excludes DisneyOnline (that is still owned by Disney), excludes gift cards, CDs, DVDs and tickets. So basically just "stuff"

You also are entitled to 2 one day hoppers per calendar year. However, they don't mail them to your house anymore. You have to order them through your store manager a minimum of 30 days in advance of your trip. They will be available at the "will call" window at one of the four major parks. To get them, you have to provide them your valid Hoop Retail I.D. and a state issued photo i.d. The tickets are good for only 30-60 days.

After many years as a TDS CM, I finally threw in the towel last summer. I loved my regular Guests. But once we got new non-Disneyfied management, they stopped coming in and I had to wonder what I was doing there.

BTW - at our store you had to be 18 to be hired but that may be different at the store in your area.
    Last edited by GalPal; 04-16-2007 at 07:12 PM.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    ARGH!...I mean... Now i'm angry I now have to look for a different job!

Thanks for the info GalPal!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!