Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disney Dollars in the Ask The Experts forums; Is it possible to buy Disney Dollars outside of the parks? Maybe online, from Disney? My DH would like to have some to give to our boys now as a ...
    smillerky is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney Dollars

Is it possible to buy Disney Dollars outside of the parks? Maybe online, from Disney?

My DH would like to have some to give to our boys now as a reward for doing chores or good behavior. He wants them to save their money for our trip this Fall, so if they are Disney Dollars, they wouldn't be able to spend it anywhere else before our trip.

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I think you can get them at Disney Stores too but I'm not sure. We can't get them at all in Canada.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by smillerky View Post
    Is it possible to buy Disney Dollars outside of the parks? Maybe online, from Disney?

My DH would like to have some to give to our boys now as a reward for doing chores or good behavior. He wants them to save their money for our trip this Fall, so if they are Disney Dollars, they wouldn't be able to spend it anywhere else before our trip.
    That is a really great idea! Never thought to use Disney Dollars for things like that. This is getting filed in my "when have kids" file!

Try the Disney Store...I believe you can get them there.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    My mom collects them for my kids, I pick some up every time I go but she also scooped up some bills on eBay.

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    You can definately use Disney dollars at Disney stores.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

Quote Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda View Post
    You can definately use Disney dollars at Disney stores.

They aren't asking if you can "use" Disney Dollars at Disney stores. But yes, you can still purchase Disney Dollars at the US location Disney Stores.

We do the same thing. Special occassions and special awards are paid in Disney Dollars to our boys! They also now have a Disney gift card type thing that you can charge and re-charge which can be used in parks and stores. This is an option if their Disney Dollar stash gets a little large (since the largest denomination normally offered is $10 in the bills). You could just take the Disney Dollars and have them applied to the card for easier use.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    COOL!!

about the card... i cant wait until bug starts figure out what money is.. right now she never sees it.. we always use are card... i would love to giver her disney dollars!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    LOL...kinda funny cause I just picked up $45.00 worth yesterday at a Disney store. The new demonations have the princesses on them.
    You can use them at the parks. Not sure whether you can use them at the stores---did they change that? You didnt use to be able to. Also at last time I heard the only place you could actually get real money back on those not spent was at a certain place on the WDW property. Change from a purchase is given to you in your choice of real or D$ --of course anything under a dollar is given to you in coin.

You can order them directly thru the company, call CRO and they can get you to the right dept. that sells them. Last time I checked you had to buy a min. amount and there was a fee attached by doing it that way. You might want to give them a call and find out all the current details

We are not using ours as rewards but to help us budget our money. I have a set amount of how much we can spend on souveniers so this will help us keep to our budget and not overspend plus actually help save enuf to spend on things. I just know I would dip into that money for something else not necessary before we go and then not have enuf to buy any extras.

Again call Disney to find out all the current details.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    disney dollars are def. available at the disney store---actually i just received some in my easter basket! lol...gotta save up for our december trip! i'm not sure but i think they can be spent at the disney store also..
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

yep you can buy them and spend them at the disney stores as well as WDW
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

i got some.. i would just turn around and spend them at the disney store..LOL
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    We buy Disney gift cards thru the scrip program at our daughter's private school. We use these to pay for our trip and buy our trinkets in the park. This raises money for the school and helps us plan in advance for non meal plan and souvenier spending.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I'm going to have to get some...
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

ky71 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    A little off subject..are Disney dollars the same at all parks? I would like a friend to purchase some for my children on his upcoming trip to Tokyo disney. My kids would be spending them in WDW. We do not have Disney stores in Sydney where I live so my options are limited to ebay or asking friends when they tour. The only Disney dollars I have are from WDW and DLR both from different years but similar looking. Please help...
    Kylee

smillerky is offline A-Ticket holder
    From what I've learned, I believe that all Disney Dollars can be spent at any Disney store, resort or theme park. The characters on them vary from place to place, and time to time. Apparently, they get new dollars in periodically and the characters change. This is what makes them collectable, people want all the different characters.

HTH!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast