Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss California Grill Question in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi there, Disney experts-here is a disney/fashion question for you (Guys, don't get scared away!! ) Going to the World end of January, and will be spending a day at ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

California Grill Question

Hi there, Disney experts-here is a disney/fashion question for you (Guys, don't get scared away!!)
    Going to the World end of January, and will be spending a day at the MK and then heading to the CG for dinner with my family. I was told on the phone when I made my reservation for dinner that the attire is casual/dressy-what does this mean? Must I bring a change of clothes if we head from the MK? I can't wear my typical tourist garb? Just wondering from those that have eaten there before what I should consider dressing in for the day.-Yikes, heels and a dress doesn't sound like the best way to spend a Disney day to me! Thanks for the help everyone!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Never eaten there, but "casual-dressy" makes me think of outfits like khaki or black pants with a nice blouse/button down shirt/ sweater. I assume that you do not wear that to the parks, so I think you have to change. Again, I haven't eaten there, just my impression of what you said they told you to do.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Not at all. I had originally planned on getting a little more dressed for the Cali Grill for my wife's b'day in Dec., but time constraints and freezing weather had me showing up in cargo pants and a sweatshirt. Although I would have rather been a little dressier, I was not the only one that was so casual. The only restaurant with a dress code is Victoria & Albert's
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks!

Thanks. I had not been to the restaurant and was suprised a bit when the operator making my PS told me casual dressy was "requested". Maybe it's a new thing, but it's good to know my casual family should be OK. Thanks all!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    The key word there is "requested"...they won't throw you out if you don't have the attire specified. They would have to say "required" for that!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Certainly would damper my vacation to the happiest place on earth to get thrown out of a spot for poor dress!