Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Extra Magic Hours: Worth It? in the Ask The Experts forums; I have heard conflicting stories regarding Extra Magic hours. Are they worth it or do they bring huge crowds that actually make waits worse? Thanks. P.S> My first WDW experience ...
    brkn3467 is offline A-Ticket holder

Extra Magic Hours: Worth It?

I have heard conflicting stories regarding Extra Magic hours. Are they worth it or do they bring huge crowds that actually make waits worse?

Thanks.

P.S> My first WDW experience will be this August 25-31, staying at POR.

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    We LOVE extra magic hours, especially the nighttime hours! If we go to EMH in the mornings we tend to only stay until eleven or noon and then leave for another park as that EMH park can become busy. We love EMH at the MK at night, especially when they are open after midnight. We can usually get right on any attractions that we want to. My 8 year old niece loved being able to stay up late although we had her take a nap earlier in the day.

Whatever you decide - ENJOY WDW!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    go for the EMH!!!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    It is true that they tend to send long lines to attractions. Some end up with no lines though because they arent near other open attractions or people dont realise that that ride is still open. I would do it, but then again I would do it for the wristbands. I keep them on for way too long after the day we do the EMH.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I was wondering this to as i have not done this before i think i will try it in december.

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    Extra Magic Hours are definately worth it. When my family and I go to DW we always plan our day to day travel by the EMH. I prefer in the morning better because people don't like to get up and the lines are shorter. One time a CM let us ride Test Track twice without having to get out of the car since their was no one in line. Nightime is cool too, but the main attractions get really crowded.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"