Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Best way to make room requests in the Ask The Experts forums; I know I can't get any guarentees, but what is the best way to reach the right people to make room requests for my upcoming Disney Hotel resoervation (CBR?) Call ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

Best way to make room requests

I know I can't get any guarentees, but what is the best way to reach the right people to make room requests for my upcoming Disney Hotel resoervation (CBR?) Call the hotel directly? Fax, email. etc?

I twice tried to call the resort directly to make room requests and was transferred to the main reservation line. (which I am waiting for an operator on right now...) Thanks for any help!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I call Disney Central Reservations at 407-w-disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    DVC resorts no longer accept fax requests. Not sure about the other rooms. I only mak one request when booking a room, non-smoking.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Oh geez I hadn't even thought about non-smoking room requests! I want that too! I just didn't know if there was a way to get them directly on the phone, but I guess not since when I ask to make a room request, they transfer me to the main (407) W Disney line......Today the system for reservations seems to be backed up, when I called the operator told me the new Magic Your Way tickets has really made the computers slow today.......

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Today the system for reservations seems to be backed up, when I called the operator told me the new Magic Your Way tickets has really made the computers slow today.......
    Yeah, I was trying to check out prices on the Disney website with the new tickets last night and it was having a lot of problems too - it said they were having high demand on their server and that the best time to try again is the evening hours EST - Agrabah is EST and it was the evening - love the irony!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The best way to make room requests is to do it at the time of reservation. If you need to add additional requests, go back through the way you made the original reservation. Contacting the Disney resort directly doesn't work, because they don't get your res. until shortly before your actual arrival. You may try faxing a room request 4 days before your arrival to the specific resort, but there is no guarantee they will accept it or be able to accomodate it. The 4 days prior is because that is when the resort will be making room assignments. There is a section about this on allearsnet.com that is very helpful:
    http://allearsnet.com/acc/cro1.htm

Also remember that the more you request, the less likely you will be able to get all of it. And be sure what you request actually exists - requesting a river-view room on the 5th floor next to the food court at Port Orleans FQ will be laughed at.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks

Yes, basically I am paying for a preferred room in the CBR and want Martinuque, not Trinindad, and possibly bay view if I can. (And non smoking-maybe I am overdoing it!) But I don't expect it all-I just though since I am going at a slow time, doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Jennifer2003 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Just call the 407-WDISNEY people and they will take care of it for you.

Nothing is guaranteed, but if you are PATIENT when you check in, they can usually accomodate more of your requests than not.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Yes, basically I am paying for a preferred room in the CBR and want Martinuque, not Trinindad, and possibly bay view if I can. (And non smoking-maybe I am overdoing it!) But I don't expect it all-I just though since I am going at a slow time, doesn't hurt to ask, right?
    You'll have the best luck if you prioritize these. Which is more important: bay view or Martinique? If there is a specific reason for wanting Martinique over Trinidad North, tell them! Non smoking should be the easiest for them to accomodate. You certainly can ask for all of them! You're right - if you don't ask, you'll never know!

A recent experience: my brother and SIL requested PO:FQ, king-bed, non-smoking room for their honeymoon. When they arrived at French Quarter, they were told they had been given a King Bed room over at Riverside instead. It took them half an hour to get the reservation transfered back to a regular room at French Quarter, because they really prefered that resort over the size of the bed. Unfortunately, they weren't that specific when they made the request, and CRO took the bed size as more important.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks

All this is very good to know. Does anyone have experience with the staff at the CBR, are they usually pretty good at check-in regarding requests and giving info? I know some places are better than others. I wanted Martinique because when I toured the resort I liked that location best, the Trinidad buildings seemed a bit more isolated to me. Anyone been to one or the other and have a preference?