Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Big Thunder Mountain..... in the Ask The Experts forums; Is it real intense? I heard it doesn't have ne drop like huge ones. I dont mind sharp turns and fast speeds. Is it very stomach turning??...
    KristenGwyn2006 is offline A-Ticket holder

Big Thunder Mountain.....

Is it real intense? I heard it doesn't have ne drop like huge ones. I dont mind sharp turns and fast speeds. Is it very stomach turning??
    Walt Disney World Trips
    August 1999-Offsite
    July 2006-Offsite
    June 2007- POR
    June 2008- POR
    July 2010- POR

...Hakuna Matata...
    It means no worries

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    No, its pretty mild, i dont think it gets over 30 mph at any time and like you said there arent any really big drops. If you've ever been on space mountain then you'll definitely be able to handle BTMRR.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

KristenGwyn2006 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Okay good I think I can handle it! Thanks!!
    Walt Disney World Trips
    August 1999-Offsite
    July 2006-Offsite
    June 2007- POR
    June 2008- POR
    July 2010- POR

...Hakuna Matata...
    It means no worries

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm not a roller coaster person at all, and I love BTMRR! It has 3 lifts and a bunch of curves. I really enjoy it. Ask for the last car if you want the best and fastest ride ....
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    you should be totally fine, it's more fun then scary...actually it's not scary at all!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I took my poor broken ankled sister and 7 year old niece on it last time. I of course told them it was very mild. Which it is, don't get me wrong. My sister yelled at me the entire time! Granted, it is a very shaky coaster. When my niece got off she was very red faced and her mom was laughing at her, and she was a little mad at my description of "mild". So, by the time we got home my niece was proclaiming that she rode her first roller coaster and that it was her favorite ride!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Mildest ride - near the front.

Wildest ride - the last row.

Enjoy!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    if you really wanna be thrilled, ride the row by yourself!

you will be sliding back and forth the entire time! haha

Have fun!
    The Goofy Princess

Yeah, it is pretty mild, but, it is my favorite ride ever at Disney. I hate drops (even though I've done splash mountain...) and in the back, it gives you a little flip kinda thing in your stomach. But, it's soo much fun! The front seems to go really slow, and it's nothing. The back whips you around a little bit.

My friend and I went on it on E-Ride night...they said we could stay in our row so long as noone was waiting to get in that row. After that, we sat in the same row, or switched to another row and rode it over 10 times. By the last time, we could close our eyes and predict what would happen. Even when we rode it, and the 'thrill' aspect was gone, it was still so much fun!!!

Hope you enjoy the ride!
    All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney

The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem - Captain Jack Sparrow

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever - Walt Disney