Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Character Breakfast in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm so excited about my upcoming trip in March. I'm trying to book my character breakfast (what do you recommend) I think I'm going to go with Chef Mickeys (recommended ...
    LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Arrow Character Breakfast

I'm so excited about my upcoming trip in March. I'm trying to book my character breakfast (what do you recommend) I think I'm going to go with Chef Mickeys (recommended by a friend) but if that's not available, what should I book? Also might do Dive quest at Epcot. Any idea how fast that books up? As for my room at pop century, what should I ask for? (I don't want to pay extra)

Thanks for your help!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Ask for the 70's buildings......

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    There are two threads discussing character breakfasts in the Dining section:
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...read.php?t=276
    and
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...read.php?t=408
    plus one on character meals in general (not just breakfast):
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...read.php?t=214

Chef Mickey's is very popular, and is located in the Contemporary Resort, so you do not need park admission to go there - a great advantage if it is a day you're not going to the parks. Crystal Palace, which is also popular, features Pooh and friends and is located inside the Magic Kingdom, requiring park admission.

If Mickey & friends are who you are looking to see, the other breakfasts with members of the fab 5 are Donald's Breakfastosaurus in Animal Kingdom (Donald, Goofy, Mickey, Pluto), 'Ohana's at the Polynesian (Mickey, Chip, Dale, goofy), and Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club (Goofy, chip, dale, pluto). If you are looking to see someone specific, always call ahead to make sure that character will be making an appearance on the day you're going.

Descriptions of all the meals can be found on AllEarsNet.com: http://www.allearsnet.com/din/cb.htm

Hope this helps!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    OK, let's assume you cna't get Cinderella's Royal Table (as is often the case).

I would recoemmend:

Chef Mickeys'
    Donald's Breakfastosaurus
    Sassagoula (Port Orleans Riverside) - no characters, just great food
    Crystal Palace
    O'hana
    Kona Cafe (casual - great Tonga Toast and Hawaiian coffee, but again, no characters).
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    When we stayed at Beach Club We had breakfast at Cape May Cafe with Chip, Dale, and Goofy. The food was good also.
    Eric

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    wife and i did Crystal Palace, and i would recommend it. the characters are fairly spread out going table to table, so you'll be visited by someone often enough. and, the food is above average. i was surprised, i was expecting buffet gruel sludge, but there was a good variety.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Has Donald's breakfast improved? The last time we ate there....the service was horribile, food was lacking/cold, and not even that good. The character interaction was very very poor. I know a few others who have similar experiences with this breakfast too. It was a chaotic mess and there were a lot of upset parents and children.

Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

I recommend Crystal Palace

I'd recommend breakfast, lunch or dinner (all charecter meals) with Pooh and Friends at the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom. They usually have openings if you call in advance (a month or so in advance if you want typical meal times) and if you like Pooh, Tigger and the like, it is a beautiful buffet restaurant in a good location at the Magic Kingdom. Plus, it is comparable or cheaper than some other charecter meals. (Bfast and Lunch is a bit cheaper than dinner). Enjoy!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    I've done Chef Mickey's two or three times now and love it. It even topped a character breakfast at the YaBC I had for a birthday one year.

Chef Mickey's had excellent food, the characters were having a lot of fun each time and spent plenty of time with the guests. If you do choose this, I suggest getting a 7:00 priority seating. Yes, it's early, but it's a great way to kick off a day at the MK. After you're done eating, head on up to the monorail and hop on. It doesn't get much better for a start of the day treat.
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Also might do Dive quest at Epcot. Any idea how fast that books up? As for my room at pop century, what should I ask for? (I don't want to pay extra)
    As far as doing Dive Quest, you must be a certified SCUBA diver and it costs about US$150.00

For Pop Century the 70's building (#10) is near the parking lot and food court area and does not cost extra, this is where I stayed in December.

A Pop Century, every morning at 8:00 they have the cast members do the Peppermint Twist in the main area of the check-in building
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Chef Mickey's is definitely tops and I would say the second best is Crystal Palace. Another of my favorites is at Epcot in the Land Pavillion at the Garden Grille. This too is a character meal which includes Mickey, Pluto as well as Chip and Dale. The food is good and served family style at your table. Most of the food served there is grown and raised right there in the Land Pavillion.

PapaJoe is offline A-Ticket holder
    We have done several Character Meals, and here are my thoughts...

Cinderalla's Castle - This is an experience that everyone should try at least once in my opinion. Although, the last time I realized that the food is ok, and the experience seemed rushed. So, it is not a top priority for my next trip. It is quite beautiful in there with the sun shining etc...

Chef Mickey's - We have done this for Dinner several times, and for Breakfast once. It is always a wonderful time.

Crystal Palace - We have done Dinner and Lunch here several times as well, and it has been worthwhile every time, so I would expect the same from their breakfast.

Princess Storybook Breakfast in Norway - We did this twice I think, and we enjoyed it. It was a very relaxed atmosphere, and seeing Epcot's World Showcase that peaceful was a very neat experience.

Garden Grill - We just discovered this restaurant for lunch on our last trip (July 2004), and it was awesome for Character interaction. We really had a great time, and I expect to do this again. The restaurant is a two-tiered circle that rotates around the kitchen.

Overall, I have yet to have a "negative" Character Dining experience, so I am sure whatever you choose will be worthwhile...

Have a Great Time,
    --PapaJoe
    Last edited by PapaJoe; 01-07-2005 at 10:24 PM.

THanks for all the wonderful feedback. I'll have to discuss it with my son. I know we're definitely doing Chef Mickeys but we'll prob do another one too... Thanks.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    take me take me

Quote Originally Posted by devkxl
    take me take me
    I really hope you'll be able to get to Disney when I'll be there. Check into prices any more?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast