Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss 5 year old's first trip, need tips! in the Ask The Experts forums; Originally Posted by disneyveteran If they've been watching Jurassic Park since they were three, like my kids, they won't be scared. But if they still think there are monsters in ...
    Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyveteran View Post
    If they've been watching Jurassic Park since they were three, like my kids, they won't be scared. But if they still think there are monsters in their closets, you should be cautious.
    Good idea, I will rent Jurassic Park, see how he reacts to that then just tell him it is like the movie we watched. He watches the PoTC movies and the Indy trilogy with melting people, skeletons etc. so he isn't phased by much. But that is on TV, when it is around him with sounds and other effects, might be a different story! How were your girls on ToT and HM?

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    OH...I forgot all about Primevil Whril.....Throws you around a lot. We have one very very very similar at a local park so I tend to not even consider going on something 1000 miles away when I can drive an hour and ride the same thing.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

He is too short to ride that one anyway. How about Big Thunder? I think he will like it, it is real bumpy!

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Good idea, I will rent Jurassic Park, see how he reacts to that then just tell him it is like the movie we watched. He watches the PoTC movies and the Indy trilogy with melting people, skeletons etc. so he isn't phased by much. But that is on TV, when it is around him with sounds and other effects, might be a different story! How were your girls on ToT and HM?
    They were a little scared on TOT the first time, but wanted to go back the next day to ride again. There was no crying or screaming though. As far as HM goes, they jumped a couple times when those heads pop out, but that was it. My youngest was more concerned that its so dusty in there and that Mickey really wouldn't like it, someone needs to clean it up.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

That is great! I can't wait to hear what he will have to say about everything! It will be like seeing everything for the first time again, I can't wait!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    he should be fine on there. Melody rode it with no prob.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

sparky is offline Proud to be DWT's most inconsistent member!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    i took my son to kings island when he was like 5 and he rode everythign we did... and he would scream and carry on while on the ride.. .but as soon as we got off. he was like lets go again!!! LOL
    KIngs Island!!??! Did you help the Brady's locate the missing plans for Mr.Brady???
    I , , !!!

http://www.policeny.com/thehousethebronx1.html

HEY DEB!! I HATE THE RULES AND I AINT FOLLOWING THEM!!!!

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/NEIGHBOR...d/norwood.html

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    tayen rode haunted mansion and loved it.. so i think each lil one is different.. for the plane.. i suggest lots of snacks...LOL that is my saving grace...LOL she would snack and watch a movie on our lil dvd player on our flights...
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    KIngs Island!!??! Did you help the Brady's locate the missing plans for Mr.Brady???

HUH? i'm i missing something?? i didnt know the brady's went to kings island?
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Portable DVD player is an idea, I wonder if I have a battery pack for it, usually just use it in the car. Snacks are always good!

mine come with one when i bought.. most of them do.. so i'm sure yours does.. i just poped in nemo and gave her some cheese balls and she was a happy camper!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Good thing I got us a direct flight too, 3 hours isn't bad at all.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    You know those little handheld fans with foam rubber blades? (Not the ones on top of spray bottles) They are more effective on a hot day than you might think, and are very easy to carry. You can get them in the parks for I don't know how much, but certainly more than the $1 each I spent on them at Walmart.

As far as the rides go, Dinosaur can be a bit scary. Just a few weeks ago, I was on it and this family let their kid, probably a little older than five, sit in a different row from the parents, and he had to be carried off the ride crying at the end. He was on the outside of the car on the left (and in the front row to boot) as close as you can get to the second scariest dino in the attraction, and I think that was a big part of the problem. I think it should be fine if you keep him in your row and in the middle of the car.

Believe it or not, It's Tough To Be A Bug is something you might want to be careful with. For the most part it's cutsey and fun, but there is one part that gets a little intense, and I've seen many a child carried screaming from the theater.

I haven't been on ToT since they "improved" it (I loved the billboard they had on World Drive for a while saying "Good news. We made it worse"), but I don't remember it being all that bad. The spooky parts weren't any worse than HM, they just had much better special effects. And I don't remember the elevator portion being any worse than Space Mountain. But it has been a while.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I haven't taken my kids yet, but I'm getting great ideas from you guys! I really hope your little guy has a great time and let us know how it goes. Have FUN!!!!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

I am sure he will have a blast! I am so excited to see his reactions! Thank you everyone for your tips, keep them coming!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast