Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss 5 year old's first trip, need tips! in the Ask The Experts forums; The Leapster LMax with a couple of cartridges is the very best travel buddy we have found. Ours has been to the Dominican Republic, Bahamas 2X, Orlando and all of ...
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    The Leapster LMax with a couple of cartridges is the very best travel buddy we have found. Ours has been to the Dominican Republic, Bahamas 2X, Orlando and all of our short trips. It goes to restaurants, parks and great grandmothers house, earphones optional. Play dough is not a good travel item but crayons and drawing papers are great. I agree with the snack tip. Lots of variety in small packages, also if it is a long flight, some airlines will order a McDonalds kids meal for the meal service, so check with your carrier. If you can get a MM anything to the flight attendent they will usually make afuss over the child and "present" them with this special treat for their Disney trip. It never hurts to ask, the worst thing they can say is no and the best is Oh sure, we'ld love to. Hope that helps.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    It matters what types of rides he likes- bumpy, fast, loops, spins?

I think he will enjoy-

-Space Mountain
    -Splash Mountain
    -"Big Thunder" lol. I think he would REALLY enjoy this. There may be one drop, if anything that could effect him, but I think he will have a BLAST.
    -Buzz Lightyear (Did we mention that yet?)
    -Tower of Terror(I think he may enjoy it, just make sure you tell him that there are some parts in the dark and a lot of up and down!)

What about Haunted Mansion?- I know this is a "slow" ride, but I thought I would bring it up because I don't know how he is with things popping up screaming. I NEVER liked those ghosts that popped up...and I hear their screams in my head now.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    He is going to LOVE LOVE LOVE Buzz Lightyear's ride!

As I posted on another thread, today is the big day, I tell him that we are going to WDW in 15 days!! I am so excited. I printed out a calendar and adding some Disney characters to it, every day he will be able to cross off one day. I should get him some stickers too, one per day. I think I will make one for my youngest too, he is too little to really understand but he will have something to cross off too. I waited until now so that it wouldn't be as long of a wait for him.

Planning on watching the DVD planner again when we get home! I am so excited!!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Ok Dinosaur terrifies me still!
    I went on it in 2003 and about wet my pants.

I went on it this past time in February, alone, and knew what I was in for and I totally closed my eyes the entire time. I did not see one big scary dinosaur. Not quite sure why I went on it in the first place, lol.
    In my opinion it is too scary, but I have always been a wuss and very sheltered.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Haven't watched the planner again but my son has been checking the calendar daily and is excited about crossing another day off when he gets home from daycare. My youngest is also part of the fun, he crosses his own calendar, a countdown to one on one time with daddy! This weekend I will get the travel pack ready, I heard something about Pirate stickers at a store around here, have to go check it out. I was going to get a battery pack for the DVD player but instead of having another thing to carry around, I figured we could play games together instead. A travel Connect 4 would be cool. Time to visit the dollar store!

Been watching the planner and talking about the different rides, I made the mistake of telling him about the stink bug on It's Tough To be a Bug and now he doesn't want to go see it! I am hoping he changes his mind when we are there. He is still iffy on Dinosaurs, keeps asking if the dinos are real and if they will eat us.

Does anyone know if they still have the Epcot Passports for sale? I think he might enjoy getting that stamped around World Showcase, he is not big on craft projects so I doubt we would do any of the Kidcot Fun Stops. Maybe the China or Morroco one before lunch or dinner if we have to wait before our PS.

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    I believe they still have them.

I know when I took my daughter a few years ago, she loved the passports. We are going back this Saturday and she is already asking me when we can go get these. I know it really helped me get my daughter around World Showcase without getting bored as she was always looking forward to the next stop to get her stamp.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    They still had then when I was there in January.
    I noticed they had them in the countries, when before, you could only find them at that main shop at the front of the world showcase.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I was thinking about doing that with the kids. I think my older ones would like it also but they won't tell you that.

I enjoyed getting my passport stamped at 14! It will be a nice souvenir for him (me) to keep.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123