Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Question regarding Marilyn Monroe and WDW. in the Ask The Experts forums; Where in Disney World might I find a reference to or picture of Marilyn. I'm a big fan and was just trying to find all the places in the parks ...
    yoda_5729 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question regarding Marilyn Monroe and WDW.

Where in Disney World might I find a reference to or picture of Marilyn. I'm a big fan and was just trying to find all the places in the parks or resorts or Downtown Disney that she is in. This is what I have so far...:

1.) The American Adventure (movie segment)
    2.) The Great Movie Ride (movie segment, though I wish they had made an animatronic one of her with her skirt billowing up )
    3.) The AFI shop in MGM and sometimes the AFI display area
    4.) Planet Hollywood and Starabillias
    5.) Sid's antiques and collectibles store in MGM

Am I missing any that anybody else might be able to come up with?

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    I don't know any more, but I wanted to welcome you to DWT! We have chat nights every Tuesday and Thursday at 9 pm EST. I hope to see you there as well as around the forum!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

flutter is offline Moderator
    Princess Jas = our official welcome wagon

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    I'm making a complete guess, but I'm almost positive they would have something at the Pop Century resort for her. They have a lot of pictures behind the main desk in the lobby, as well as tons of memorabilia out in the lobby as well. Try checking there sometime and let us know if you find any others.
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    It sounds like you've already checked most of the places that I can think of to check. My recommendation would be to call the World of Disney Information at 407-363-6200 for your request. They have access to the inventory lists for all of the shops within Disney World (not Disneyland), so if it exists they should be able to locate it for you. Hope this helps!

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

Quote Originally Posted by flutter
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    And I'm second in line today...welcome to the borads, yoda!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    You can also find a reference to her at Innoventions.

The east side at the Disney Internet Zone, the TOYS computers. One of the questions in the hangman game is about her.

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter
    I don't think she's missed one yet!!!!
    Izzy

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    Yoda, there's Reel Finds, a shop on Pleasure Island that specializes in movie memorabilia. I know they have Marilyn Monroe merchandise there.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Quote Originally Posted by BelleGurl
    I don't think she's missed one yet!!!!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the board! As to your question, since she died in 1962 most of connection to WDW would be in nostalgia, etc. I don't think her pic would be at the All-Star Movies resort, but it could be. I think you have a pretty comprehensive list, but on our next visit in November I will make it a point to look for her image.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 01-17-2005 at 11:37 AM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

yoda_5729 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank you all so far for your input.....understandably Marilyn ends up in lots of stores as merchandise, I was more looking for more permanent references, but I enjoy finding out all the places she is in, and thanks again for everyone's replies and if anyone can come up with more references feel free. Surprisingly I stayed at the Pop Century Resort and I looked in all the little showcases representing each century and Marilyn wasn't in any of them including the fifties, but I guess I can understand her being overlooked. That and being a *** symbol might make her a little to mature for a family theme park to be commanly represented. I'm a big fan of hers and all that, I even have her autograph, and just was curious where in Disney she pops up. Thanks for the replies though