Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Weddings in the Ask The Experts forums; Originally Posted by Mandabella Also that $52,000 would be better served as a downpayment on a house. People forget a wedding is ONE DAY whereas the marriage is a lot ...
    ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    Also that $52,000 would be better served as a downpayment on a house. People forget a wedding is ONE DAY whereas the marriage is a lot longer....JMHO
    I agree! That is why my wife and I got married in Raleigh and spent part of our honeymoon in the World. Then bought a house a couple of years later! Our initial plan was to get married at the pavillion with all our family there. Then we looked at what it would cost. :shocked: They had to settle for a beautiful wedding with good old fashioned North Carolina bar-be-cue for catering. But we did have Cinderella and her Prince dancing on our cake!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey
    Disneyweddings.com doesn't list any prices for weddings directly in front of the Castle but they have the Rose Garden available. The MINIMUM price for that is $52,000.
    Where did you get that number? Melissa just ordered the brand new DVD that comes with a lot of information and a whole pricing sheet for everything. It clearly states that a Magic Kingdom wedding is $42,000.

This is taken right out of one of the brochures:

MAGIC KINGDOM WEDDINGS
    Wedding events in the MAGIC KINGDOM are held after Park hours and are based on limited availability. These are considered "Premium" events and are priced differently than other wedding events. Minimum expenditure for Magic Kingdom events start at $42,000 excluding tax and service charges. Please ask your Wedding Consultant for further information on these very special options.

Now, if anyone would like prices on the characters, entertainers, entertainment, themed landscaping/decor, floral, special transportation or the wedding locations, I've got all the prices right here.

Scott
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    From Disneyweddings.com for Custom wedding in the Rose Garden -

Minimum wedding expenditure is $52,000++ (++ does not include sales tax and gratuity
    There is a Food and Beverage Minimum Expenditure of $150.00 per person, exclusive of service charge and sales tax, for Magic Kingdom Wedding Events.
    This is a premium event and has very limited availability throughout the year. This option is a private event only available after the park closes and is only available on a night in when the Magic Kingdom Park closes early. Please consult with your Wedding Consultant for all of the special guidelines and availability for this premium event.

I guess I should have stated that it was for a custom wedding which is for 11 or more guests. Sorry.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12