Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Weddings in the Ask The Experts forums; I have a couple of friends who are talking about gettig married at WDW. Does anyone know if the Grand Floridian is the only place or can they do it ...
    jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder

Weddings

I have a couple of friends who are talking about gettig married at WDW. Does anyone know if the Grand Floridian is the only place or can they do it elsewhere also? Any help would be great.
    Eric

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Well, I know they have the Wedding Pavilion on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon, and I also know that you can get married after MK closes in front of Cindy's. I am alsp fairly certain that you can rent out The living Seas for a reception.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    You can actually have your wedding reception and ceremony at a number of places throughout the resort, including many locations in WS, on the Boardwalk, Living Seas, Polynesian Resort, Y/B Clubs, etc. However, you cannot have an actual ceremony in the MK (unless you reserve and therefore close the entire park). Go to DisneyWedding.com or contact one of their planners (321-939-4610), who can give you an idea of the available locations. Mind you, it won't be cheap (I looked into renewing vows for our five year anniversary... let's just say we'll wait until our 10th).
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Mind you, it won't be cheap.
    Yeah, my cousin had a wedding at WDW a few years back and it cost more than $30,000. They were married at the pavilion near the Grand Floridian and added on quite a few optional things to the wedding.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I don't want to know how much it costs to ride up main street in the horse-drawn glass pumpkin, and have a reception under and behind the castle. (But it is quite a sight)

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    www.disneyweddings.com

That site has all the information your friends would want to know. Melissa (my fiancÚ-to-be) and I just watched the DVD they mail out from there a couple nights ago.

You can have a wedding anywhere on WDW property, not just at the GF. Weddings cost a minimum of $7,500 Mon-Thurs and a minimum of $10,000 Fri-Sun. Also, if they want to have their wedding at the MK, the minimum is $42,000.

Now, the national average wedding cost right now is roughly $22,000, so I think the MK wedding isn't over-priced at all. When you think about it, that's seating for like 150-300 or something like that, I don't remember the exact number. The reception happens at the castle courtyard and the bride and groom are presented from the castle (they stand up on it and are greeted from there). Also, you get your own presentation of Festival in the Sky fireworks. I don't know of any more magical place to have a wedding than at WDW.

Tell your friends good luck, and keep us updated on what they decide on.
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    When I get married and win the Powerball, I'm going to have my wedding at Cindy's! Mind you, I'll have to wait until I'm 21 to play Powerball, so let's hope whoever she is can wait...
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

flutter is offline Moderator
    I wanna get married at the MK ....oh yeah I'm already married...oh well next time

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    We were married ten years ago at the Yacht and Beach Club gazebo. We had what was then called an "intimit(can't spell) wedding", just our close family. I think there was 13 of us in all. We had the ceremony at the gazebo and had dinner at the Yachtsman (LOVE that chateaubriand). After dinner we all went swimming in the pool. It was a great time. Very relaxed . I made all the arrangements over the phone with our wedding coordinator. In fact everything went so smoothly that the minister we had married us wasn't the same man I had talked to on the phone and I didn't know until after the wedding. (the original minister was sick)
    I can't remember how much it cost, but it wasn't any more than if we had done it the traditional way at home. In fact it was way more fun and relaxed. I watch my friends and family go through the stress of wedding planning and each time my husband and I look at each other and say "thank God we had our wedding at Disney World"

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks, you guys are great . Also my wife and I hope to renew at the Wedding Pavilion on our 20.
    Eric

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW Donna
    We had what was then called an "intimit(can't spell) wedding", just our close family. I can't remember how much it cost, but it wasn't any more than if we had done it the traditional way at home.
    I would LOVE to have a wedding like that at WDW - but unfortunately, I think my cousin's extreme wedding that originally was going to be a "small, cheap" wedding ruined my chance for that. I guess I will have to fight that battle when I actually have someone to marry.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    If you have the money Disney will do almost anything for you.

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    How much is it to get married in front of Cinderella's Castle or to renew your vows there? How much are the photographers pics of that? Can you even renew your vows or get pics done in wedding attire in front of the castle or in the coach?

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Disneyweddings.com doesn't list any prices for weddings directly in front of the Castle but they have the Rose Garden available. The MINIMUM price for that is $52,000. Not exactly pocket change. But as people have said before, if you have money, almost any dream is available. Though I would think you would have to wait until after hours to have a wedding in front of the Castle.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey
    Disneyweddings.com doesn't list any prices for weddings directly in front of the Castle but they have the Rose Garden available. The MINIMUM price for that is $52,000. Not exactly pocket change. But as people have said before, if you have money, almost any dream is available. Though I would think you would have to wait until after hours to have a wedding in front of the Castle.

They will do pictures in front of the castle, however you are talking early in the morning prior to the park opening. And they aren't cheap....then again Disney isn't either. It amazes me the amount of money people spend on weddings, it's insane.

Also that $52,000 would be better served as a downpayment on a house. People forget a wedding is ONE DAY whereas the marriage is a lot longer....JMHO
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast