Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Future World BGM -> Please help! in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello, fellow WDW enthusiests I just got back from my 6th trip to the World yesterday (May 13) and I have a very important question! First some background info though... ...
    Mickey626 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Exclamation Future World BGM -> Please help!

Hello, fellow WDW enthusiests I just got back from my 6th trip to the World yesterday (May 13) and I have a very important question! First some background info though... it was during (I think) my 2nd or 3rd trip to WDW (2003 or 2004) and I was walking out of Epcot after Illuminations. I heard this music playing in Future World that brings back great memories for me. It was so magical Anyway, I heard this music yet again in Future World during my most recent trip this past week. I heard it just past Innoventions East near the fountain that shoots upwards (near the walkway to The Land). The problem is I have no idea what the music is called! I asked a couple cast members but they were no help. I DO have a little help though- it is played in the background of the news segment of episode 70 of the Inside the Magic podcast. I tried to record the section with the music in it and upload it to this post as an attatchment, but it was too large, even in a zip file. So what I've done is found the link to download the show. You'll have to download the show and listen to it to find out what song I'm talking about (the link takes you to the episode archive page. episode 70 is the one you want ). It is played during the part where the host is talking about an increase in the Hoop De Doo dinner show. If anyone could tell me what the pooh this song is called or what CD it comes from I would be SO, SO happy! I would by the CD in a heartbeat or find the song on the internet. Better yet, if someone could provide an audio file of the song or where to find it that would be great too Thank you so much for all your help and have a magical day!

Without further ado, here's the link to the podcast: http://www.distantcreations.com/insidethemagic/archive

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Mickey626; 05-14-2007 at 08:39 PM. Reason: wrong link >_<

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i couldnt get the post to do anything maybe its just me?
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    This is just a guess cause its all I cant think of: Epcot Entrance Medley?

#13 on this CD below, You can listen to a preview on best buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....uct&id=1454473
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    how do you liten too it.. when i linked it.. it didnt give me the option
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    ooops, sorry. best buy usually has a preview option. this is a popular song featured on many WDW albums, it should be fairly easy to locate (maybe even for download) google's the best bet.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I know exactly what tune you're talking about, and I'm trying to find it on my iTunes right now. It plays all throughout Futureworld. The only thing I can find basically very close to it is called "Epcot Center", it's a track about 3 minutes long. It's not exact, but it's very close. If you want me to e-mail it to you as an attachment, PM me and I'll gladly get you what you have!
    Tina

o8catrina8o is offline D-Ticket Holder
    http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/sounds.html

the music is on there hope this helps
    1993 - Dolphin
    1995- Aunt House
    1997- Off Site
    1999- Off Site
    2000- Coronodo Springs
    2002- Port Orleans and All Star
    2003- Off Site
    2004- Off Site - Christmas Time
    2005- Pop Century -Christmas Time
    2005 -Carribean Beach - DIsney Wonder
    2005- Disneyland- Spring Break
    2006- Pop Century - Halloween
    2006- Polynesian - My High Graduation
    2007 - Pop Century
    2007- All Star Sport- Christmas TIme
    2008 - Port Orleans
    2009 - Disney Land

Hello everyone! Thanks so much for all of your help. Unfortunatly, none of what you suggested was quite what I was looking for, so sorry! I am looking into aeronautxearth's offer today, and I'll let you know what I find. Thanks again for your help!

djmasterscooter is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I've got the theme from where you first walk into Future World, will that help?
    "Do Not Go To Disney World With A Bottle Of Pepsi. We will never see you again, and I'm pretty sure that's a bad thing"

Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm a bit of a WDW music freak. I think the song you're looking for is commercially available as "Papillon (On the Wings of the Butterfly)" by David Arkenstone, a new age artist. It's also referred to by WDW as the Innoventions BGM Loop.
    Last edited by Timbo; 05-15-2007 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Corrected song title.
    Check out my blog or MySpace.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Whhoop, these people can definitely help you better than I!
    Tina

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    I'm a bit of a WDW music freak. I think the song you're looking for is commercially available as "Papillon (On the Wings of the Butterfly)" by David Arkenstone, a new age artist. It's also referred to by WDW as the Innoventions BGM Loop.
    Haha, I already have that song ^_^ I love it Also, djmasterscooter, if you could email me the song I would love it! (PM me for my email address)

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    could you email it to me to please? thank you so much! I love this site.
    The Goofy Princess

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    Also, a very nostalgic piece that I absolutely love from Epcot is the EPCOT area music Waterfall, it's very soothing and I always used to hear it as I passed by the Future World big fountain area. I don't know if it is what you are looking for but I found it online. Good luck.
    The Goofy Princess

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    You said "near the fountain that shoots upward".... was the fountain "dancing" at the time? If so you probably heard the "Found of Nations" music that plays when the fountain show is going on.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast