Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Max Occupancy - room logistics & trundle beds in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm in charge of figuring out a price quote for this trip my friends & I are taking sometime the week of September 16th. I'll be making the reservations by ...
    MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Question Max Occupancy - room logistics & trundle beds

I'm in charge of figuring out a price quote for this trip my friends & I are taking sometime the week of September 16th. I'll be making the reservations by phone, but I still need a quote to give my friends. I myself have been involved in planning my family's recent trips, but this is my first time alone. We usually stay at Port Orleans: Riverside, where the max occupancy is 4, but we get a trundle bed so the 5 of us can get into the moderate priced resort. With my friends, I know there are going to be at least 5 of us, but maybe more. Cost is of the essence for us college animators.

Now, I tried getting a quote thru www.disneyworld.com, but they're max occupancy seems set in stone, which I know is not the case. The only Port Orleans resort the annoying generator will show me is French Quarter, not Riverside. & there is no like "add a trundle bed" option.

& I'll confess, (though I did want to keep it a secret!) we're getting this "$455" deal. It's $455 per person, for a 6-night, 5-day stay at a Value Resort (Pop Century & the All Stars), including 5-day park tickets, and free dining plan for the length of stay. Since there weren't rooms available (so it said) at any of the Value Resorts "for the number of your party (4) and/or the dates you requested," it showed me Port Orleans: French Quarter for the same rate. But when I upped it to the real # of 5, I was shut out of both Port Orleans. Well, I don't care if they end up letting me get a better class resort, but I need know the specifics on how the max occupancies run. & like if we need to book 2 rooms. how can I get a realistic quote from the site? I know they're not the same for all resorts, but anyone know the specs for these at least? I only know Riverside from experience.

Sorry if this is confusing, but any help's much appreciated!
    My
    (If I'm here, then I'm probably supposed to be animating instead.)

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Riverside has trundle beds in some of the bayou rooms. Best way to book one is over the phone. The trundle bed is smaller than a twin-sized bed, very thin and on a hard frame. A child might be comfortable on it, but not an adult. That may be why you can't get Port Orleans for 5 adults on the website.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Sorry but this was actually taken care of long ago... By the time my friends let me call, there were no rooms available with the free dining deal. I know about the trundle beds, but thank you anyway. Turns out that the problem I was having on the website was because each room has to be booked separately. Over the phone would've been like 1 purchase, but 2 room deposits and 2 reservations. And I agree, the lady I spoke with on the phone was extremely informed/informative and helpful.

The sad part is now we're not going till next year. <.>
    My
    (If I'm here, then I'm probably supposed to be animating instead.)