Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss special occasions..... in the Ask The Experts forums; I've read that some people have written to the resorts and mentioned that a special event is taking place during that time - some have had surprises left in their ...
    tink rules is offline A-Ticket holder

special occasions.....

I've read that some people have written to the resorts and mentioned that a special event is taking place during that time - some have had surprises left in their room, etc.... has anyone had this happen and what has it been? Also, how far in advance should I write to the resort? My mom is retiring and we are taking our trip to celebrate. Any suggestions?
    Michelle

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by tink rules
    I've read that some people have written to the resorts and mentioned that a special event is taking place during that time - some have had surprises left in their room, etc.... has anyone had this happen and what has it been? Also, how far in advance should I write to the resort? My mom is retiring and we are taking our trip to celebrate. Any suggestions?

CMs do like to make the trips magical for the guests. Having said that, do not expect it. It doesn't always happen. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Honeymoons, etc. Some get "surprises" while others do not. We told them it was our honeymoon, and we got nothing special delivered to our room. We got attention in the parks from simple wearing the Mickey Bride and Groom ears and the Garden Grill gave us a free cake.

The best way to let them know is tell them every time you speak to someone at Disney.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

ok - silly question time....

How do you guys get those cool countdown clocks by your signature?
    Michelle

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by tink rules
    ok - silly question time....

How do you guys get those cool countdown clocks by your signature?
    Follow the instructions here:
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...read.php?t=390
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

thanks much!!!
    Michelle

dixiehound is offline A-Ticket holder
    Does it really make a difference to write to the Disney people and tell them of a special occasion or is it sufficient to simply tell them over the phone or in person? My fiance and I are going on our honeymoon in August and would love some surprises and free cake.
    *Alexis*

You can do both!!!

Call up Central Reservations and tell them that it is your Honeymoon. They will note this on your reservation.

Where are you staying? Make sure that you tell them at check-in that it is your honeymoon. If you made reservations through a travel agent, have them contact Disney and have them put on your reservations that it is your honeymoon...

When you make any reservations for restaurants, tell them as well. We had my mom's retirement mentioned and they even gave us a personalized menu and all.

and last but definately not least!!!!!

GET YOUR BRIDE AND GROOM MOUSE EARS!!!!!

Tell your new hubby that he may feel like a fool for a minute or so, but I'm sure he's a fun loving guy and will love being treated like a king when everyone notices and I have heard.... acknowledges your happy event.

Give it a try... good luck
    Michelle

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    When I stayed at the Animal Kingdom lodge last May, my daughter put into the reservation that it was my birthday. I had a small plastic disney character left on my pillow and a signed birthday card from Mickey. My daughter also told Disney that we were celebrating my birthday at dinner when she made the reservation at the Grand Floridian. I had a great dessert surprise. I don't think there is a guarantee for any of these special treats, but when it happens, it sure makes the event special.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.