Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss DW trip for a 2 year old in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello, I've been to DW a few times, this time I've got my 2 year old daughter. What are some fun activites to do? She loves Cinderella, I couldnt get ...
    Stephonc is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile DW trip for a 2 year old

Hello,
    I've been to DW a few times, this time I've got my 2 year old daughter. What are some fun activites to do? She loves Cinderella, I couldnt get into Cindy's castle for B,L or D. Are there any other chances to meet her? We're going to go to Mickey's Hallowenn party, I would love for my daughter to get a pic. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

Casey

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder
    To be totally honest with you, not trying to be mean or rude or anything, but don't go with a kid that young. Because when they grow up they're not going to remember it except for the pictures you take. When I first went to Disneyland, I was just 2 as well and I didn't even know that I went. I thought that the first time that I went to a Disney Park was when I was 7.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Lilybelle is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Dreaming of Jeremy Irons, don't wake me up!! 'Long live the king!'
    I took my daughter when she was 1 1/2 years old and she still talks about that trip. She is a veteran now at just under 5 y/o with 5 trips under her belt. Taking a child, no matter what age is pure joy! Who knows if they will remember it later, but YOU are living all of those great memories with her now. I still get choked up seeing my daughter's face when she looks at the castle, is in hysterics over characters or is intently trying to figure out if she should go on Pirates or not. Go, have a wonderful time, take lots of pictures/home movies and enjoy it while your child is young and still believes with all her heart in the magic.
    'Girls do not start fights..but they can finish them!' ~~Marie
    WDW--
    1996 All-Star Music 1998 Wilderness Lodge 2000 Dixie Landings 2000 All-Star Music
    2001 Caribbean Beach 2002 Off Property 2003 Port Orleans Riverside 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2005 Pop Century Sept 2006 Contemporary 2007 Off property
    Disneyland-- 2003 Grand Californian 2004 Off Property 2006 Off Property

Lilybelle is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Dreaming of Jeremy Irons, don't wake me up!! 'Long live the king!'
    Head over to Toontown in the Magic Kingdom to see Cinderella. She, along with other Princess, rotate during the day at the judges tent. There is a sign above the que enterance that will let you know who is in there at that time. There are two other lines that have characters also, usually Pooh etc and villians. There is also a character meal over at Norway in EPCOT which features Princesses.
    'Girls do not start fights..but they can finish them!' ~~Marie
    WDW--
    1996 All-Star Music 1998 Wilderness Lodge 2000 Dixie Landings 2000 All-Star Music
    2001 Caribbean Beach 2002 Off Property 2003 Port Orleans Riverside 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2005 Pop Century Sept 2006 Contemporary 2007 Off property
    Disneyland-- 2003 Grand Californian 2004 Off Property 2006 Off Property

1900 Park Fare offers a dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother and the mice, Perla and Suzy! The restaurant has been closed for rennovations, but depending on when your trip is, you may be able to get in there. Besides, I think that the food is much better at 1900 Park Fare than at the Castle so give it a shot! Also....if you are going during the dates that the Pirate & Princess Party is running that would be a good chance to get some time with Cinderella for your daughter!

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Welcome Stephonc!

I think a two year old will definatley enjoy WDW. Sure, she may not remember it when she's say 40, but she'll have the pictures and YOU will remember what it was like to take her and meet Cinderella for the first time. Most importantly, she's FREE til she's 3!!! That's a huge savings in a Disney trip!

While Cindy does have her own breakfast in the castle and does appear there, she does not appear w/ the other princesses in Norway (Epcot meal). Cinderella can also be found in the Judges Tent in Toontown as well as the character meal at the 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian. And, she is certainly in both Magic Kingdom parades.

If she's a Nemo fan, be sure to take her to Epcot so she can see the Seas w/ Nemo and Friends attraction. I also think she'd like the Finding Nemo musical in the Animal Kingdom.

Enjoy your trip!!!!
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Our 2 year old grandson loved the MK and all the rides when he was with us in February. He especially liked the WEDway and the train. He also loved all the characters, especially in Toon Town. The small playground there is also nice. At the AK he liked the Lion King, Nemo and the all the animals. We had a hard time getting him out of the playground in Dinoland.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 07-16-2007 at 08:58 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    My niece was 1 1/2 the first time we took her and she LOVED it. She remembered parts of her first trip 2 years later (last year) when we took her back. I agree about being able to find Cinderella in the judges tent in Toontown. You can also go into any shop and ask a CM to call and check when/where she will be during the day. Take her on Dumbo and Small World. Remember that she may not go up to any characters out of fear. Give her time to warm up to the character. We had this happen with my niece and it helped not to push her even though we KNEW Cinderella was her favorite. We did try holding her and going up to the character and that only helped with Cinderella, every other greeting she wanted nothing to do with them. If she likes music - take her to the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom and the Nemo Show. At Epcot, I agree about Nemo but if she is willing to see the characters they are mixed into the World Showcase. At MGM she will DEFINATELY LOVE Playhouse Disney! Remember - if she gets overheated, take her into a Baby Care Station. They are great for changing diapers, cooling off, and refreshing. If you get up early in the mornings with her normally, still get up to start your day and take a break midday and go back to where you are staying. This way she can relax and take a nap and then go back to the park in the late afternoon/evening. ENJOY the WONDERFUL MOMENTS you will have.....At the end of the day or during naptime - Journal your experience for when she is older. If YOU want to ride any adult rides and you have someone with you, you can use the Child Swap option and each ride the ride while one of you stays behind with your daughter.

HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

pkdaddy is offline A-Ticket holder
    One thing I found out when I took my 2 year old son back in Feb is that the charaters are can be intimating at first.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Don't listen to those who tell you that 2 years old is too young. My son's first trip he was 11 months old and he loved it. Sure, he won't have actual memories of that trip but he had a blast. Since then he went back at 14 months and 15 months and each time it got better for him. Just watching a child that age stare in wonder and discovery is incredible. The things everyone has suggested here are great but I'll tell you... the best experience for me was taking my son with us to the things we already enjoyed and seeing his reactions. He loved the character lunch at the Garden Grill (our favorite), he loved Space Ranger Spin, he loved the Haunted Mansion... and the list goes on and on. Don't feel you have to deny yourselves the enjoyment of Disney to please your little one... they'll love it along with you!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

dizfanfamily is offline Are we there YET???
    Have to agree with BamaJenn. Our little girls first trip to WDW was at 8 months. It was such a delight to see her reactions to the characters, the colors and lights. She might not remember it all, but I get a kick out of looking at a picture of her trying to bite Pluto's nose at Chef Mickey's, and looking at her wide eyed wonder as we rode Small World. I think it all comes down to they type of parent you are, if your too uptight its not going to be a good trip, if your easygoing and flexible with your schedule, you are going to have a tremendous time with your kids.

One other thing take lots of pictures, you will not regret it.
    1978, 83 – Contemporary Garden, 2001 – Contemporary Tower MK Side (Honeymoon),
    2002 – Grand Floridian, 2003 – Wilderness Lodge (Christmas @ WDW),
    2005 – Saratoga Springs (DVC Member), 2006 – Boardwalk Villas,
    2007 -- Saratoga Springs (April & December), 2008 -- SSR (March), BWV (Oct), POFQ (Dec)

Planning our next trip...

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder
    ... I stand corrected I guess
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member