Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Birthday Questions in the Ask The Experts forums; another question for you experts out there: our next trip to WDW is December 1-9. My 30th birthday is November 27th, and my aunt's birthday is on December 10th (she ...
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Birthday Questions

another question for you experts out there:

our next trip to WDW is December 1-9. My 30th birthday is November 27th, and my aunt's birthday is on December 10th (she is going to be there too). we want to celebrate our birthdays in WDW by wearing the pins, getting cakes, etc. Does WDW check your ID to verify that it is exactly your birthday? this is probably the closest my aunt or I will ever come to being in WDW on our birthdays, so we really want to do it up right!

also, is there anything we can do special for ourselves, being adults, that you could recommend for our birthdays? like, for instance, any little-known benefits to having a birthday down there? we'll be having at least one table service meal per day, so I'm definitely going to get her a cake at dinner on December 8th.

Thanks for the help!

If we can dream it, we can do it

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day
    they don't check your i.d. when you tell them it's your birthday. also anywhere you go that cast members see the pin they will say something to you. if you are staying at one of the resorts, let them know ahead of time. they can do some really cool stuff to help you celebrate. have fun and enjoy the trip.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I know someone who got themselves a birthday pin when it wasn't their birthday so no, they don't check! I won't name names but the person was female and it wasn't me! haha!

biskit11 is offline 1000th Happy Haunt
    Nope, I wore my bithday pins everyday of our trip!!

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    it was my dad's birthday last time we went to WDW and pretty much every cast member we went by wished him a happy birthday
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    They don't check anything when you ask for buttons. I heard someone in MK's City Hall ask the CM for "every button you have" (litterally). The CM obligingly and without question gave them one each of Birthday, Anniversary, Just Married, Grand Gathering, and Main Street Citizen of the Day buttons.

As for special things you can do, I've always wanted to take an Illuminations or Wishes cruise. Those might be a nice birthday treat to each other. Beyond that, like everyone else said, just wear your buttons all day long. You never know what will happen. My gf and I each got complimentary desserts, she was sung to by a shuttle-full of Star Tours guests, I got a phone call from Goofy in the Muppet gift shop, etc.

Looks like you've already had your question answered about whether they ask for proof or ID...indeed they never do!

Be sure to have the fact that it is your's and your Aunt's birthday to every reservation you have, including your resort reservation! We have celebrated our oldest Son's bday a couple of times as well as my Husband's and Mom's while visiting before and the cool little extra's they've received have been many! My Son had a birthday present, balloons and a signed photo birthday card waiting in our room on his 5th birthday. My Husband has been picked to be part of shows like the Festival of the Lion King and had balloons and a card sent to our room as well. My Mom received a special cupcake and autographed bday card at The Crystal Palace. They all received various special desserts at different restaurants we've eaten at. My Son also got a special slushy drink with a Pluto straw at AK. Not to mention the countless Happy Birthday wishes received from the CM's as well as other guests! Get the birthday buttons and wear them proudly!!!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i told my ressies at the all star sports and it was my daughters first bday and she got nothing.. but when we went to chef mickeys they did bring her a cupcake and mickey made a special trip back over during the song
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

DisneyMarie is offline A-Ticket holder

Question WHen they have our information on registry

Our charter is the week after my princesses Birthday, she is looking forward to her day as being celebrated there. BUT, when we registered our trip information, they have her date of birth. This trip was always planned as a Birthday celebration....

Will they accept a note that due to travel arrangments this trip is for her birthday and want one special day set aside to celebrate it?
    Should I call and ask?

When I bought tickets, last trip, her birthday was a week before and they of course charged us the adult rate (Her birthdate was in the computer at the concergie). I would have bought off site and paid for a child's rate had I known....for a week....
    She does not do thriller rides, likes shows and princess stuff, pirates and magic.
    DM
    Last edited by DisneyMarie; 08-17-2007 at 10:43 PM.

In Memory of my Angel DeAnne Marie Jan 2007

Marie, I don't know quite what you're asking. I don't know what you mean by "charter", I don't know who "they" is that would accept a note about your birthday. What are you doing for your daugther's birthday that requires "them" to assist? As has already been stated, for getting the Birthday button etc, they couldn't care less whether or not it's your birthday.. Also, when I made dining reservations last year, I just told them (in this case the WDW Dining reservation CM) that my girlfriend and I would both like to celebrate our birthday at Alfredos. When we were finished with dinner, they came to seranade us and bring us a cake - this was before either of us picked up our birthday buttons...

Our charter is a local travel agency charters out several week trips a year. THis year the trip for our town is not on daughters birthday. I thought I read if you mention to staff at hotel that they may send a ballon or acknkowlege. The year we went on our daughters birthdday nothing was flagged by the computer that a Disney guest was having a Birthday.

My daughter is very sad losing her sister this year, and the trip is meant to bring magic back. If there were a way to make her Day special even thought it is not exactly on the date of her birth due to travel arrangements, I would like to do all I can.

I am looking into the princess makeup sesssion...Not sure what else would make it a happy, happy memory time. Last year was her sisters last trip and I want to keep the sadness from having time to creep in.....lots of fun, even free fun, scavenger hunt type stuff, she loves Nancy Drew as opposed to Harry Potter. But still has a tender spot for Ariel forever.
    Thanks for thoughts,
    D Marie

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Marie, so sorry to hear about your family's loss.

If you want to be sure that something is delivered to your room, and you don't mind paying for it, try Disney Florist Lake Buena Vista, FL - Florist, Flowers, Flower Delivery, Send Flowers, Buy Flowers Online, Walt Disney World Florist : Home
    They can do gifts that are not shown on their website f you call them.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    this is a website suggested by allearsnet for special occasions.

Presentations: Gifts of a Lifetime, Inc.

If we can dream it, we can do it

I would say just give Disney a call, or maybe the hotel specifically, and tell them you're celebrating your daughter's birthday on whatever day. It really shouldn't matter that it's not her actual birth date.

Something else you might want to try, depending on your daughter's age, is the Family Magic Tour. It's a 2.5 hour tour of the Magic Kingdom set up as a scavenger hunt for clues as to find a certain character. It's designed for kids, and is one of the cheapest tours Disney offers ($27/person). You can book it by calling 1-407-WDW-TOUR. More information here: Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . . and here:Tours and Other Experiences -- Descriptions

Let us know what happens!

Smile THe scavenger hunt

The scavenger hunt sound wonderful, I think Dad is tlking about a rental car a few days so he is planning some ballon type gift too.
    Thanks for the thoughts and idea's I am going to the web site now for the scavenger hunt. Maybe the day the park is open late we can do that.
    WOW the rides on late night are packed! We could not believe were all the people came from?
    D.Marie
    Ooppps. I think April was the last for the scavanger hunt...?
    But the links has lots of tips about leaving the hotel staff desk lknow, to wear her pin, but buy a hat with happy Birthdday on it too...Making reservations at Chefs Mickey's they can provide a special cake along with the cupcake if you choose..but they were older post.
    I did find a lot of nice ideas.
    PassPorter.com: Celebrating Birthdays at Disney -- Top 10 Tips
    Last edited by DisneyMarie; 08-19-2007 at 12:04 AM.