Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Magic Kingdom Bricks in the Ask The Experts forums; I had a question about the bricks you can buy/used to be able to buy at the entrance of the magic kingdom. I think I heard somewhere (i think the ...
    Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...

Magic Kingdom Bricks

I had a question about the bricks you can buy/used to be able to buy at the entrance of the magic kingdom. I think I heard somewhere (i think the mousetunes podcast, but I could be wrong) that you can no longer buy one of the bricks outside of the magic kingdom (the ones that you can put your name on). When I was at disney world about two weeks ago I was looking at these bricks and most of them are from the 90s but there was one I noticed that had the year "2007" on it. It was the only one that I saw with the year 2007 and this led me to wonder: can you still buy a brick? I really wish you could, I always wanted one! I took a picture of this brick, but I can't really upload it because it is on my disposible camera that I have not used all the film on. Thanks!!
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

hmm, strange, maybe u can bribe disney to sell u a brick, lol, i don't know how else those ppl got a brick in 2007

Cindygarf is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think I remember hearing or reading a news story somewhere that someone wrote into Disney and with a story about why it would be so special to them to have. I believe Disney granted it as a one time "dream come true" wish.
    - Cindy
    Peace, and.
    Visited at least once per year since 1987.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Maybe it was a Yoamd prize?
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Cindygarf is offline A-Ticket holder

I was trying to find the article I read on the internet and couldn't. I thought I had read it versus seeing it on tv. If I remember correctly, it was someone who wrote into Disney about wanting one for some special occasion and they granted it because of yoamd.
    - Cindy
    Peace, and.
    Visited at least once per year since 1987.

lucky!! ahh i want one soo bad

disneymomx2 is offline A-Ticket holder
    My sister and brother and I have one. It was a Christmas gift from our aunt back in the early 90's. Problem is, I can't find it the past few times I have been down. I was wondering if there is a way to get the coordinates again like they used to do. I know it is near the ramp coming off the monorail but I can't find it to show my kids now.

WantToBeBelle is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have a friend who works at WDW and he said that they have stopped selling the bricks for now and are encouraging people to "Leave a Legacy" in EPCOT. He also said that if bricks have cracked over time they could have been removed and that when "Leave a Legacy" is full, they will begin selling the bricks again to replace the ones that have broken.

If you go to the transportation center, they can help you locate your brick.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    They're not encouraging anyone to Leave a Legacy anymore. The program was ended about a month ago.

what is the new thing going to be? if they are not selling the bricks and you can't leave a legacy anymore, what are they going to have for people to buy??

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    Who all here has a brick?? And where is it at?

Pluto'sPal is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My family has one and it is located in the Transportation & Ticket area! We usually go "check on it" during our trips down.

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    My family has one at the entrance to Magic Kingdom, right next to the big group of grey colored bricks. Its a great spot

attackwithnorth is offline A-Ticket holder

bricks

My family and I have a brick outside of the Magic Kingdom that we got in 1995. We always stop by and look at it. I wish they would continue with this and with programs like it. My mother and I also have a Leave a Legacy photo and we would like to leave more of ourselves around the parks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast