Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Dining Plan? in the Ask The Experts forums; When we got our package we added the dining plan on when making our reservations. A friend of mine is going in Dec. and didnt get the dining plan. Her ...
    TreysMomma is offline B-Ticket Holder

Dining Plan?

When we got our package we added the dining plan on when making our reservations. A friend of mine is going in Dec. and didnt get the dining plan. Her reserations and all are done and paid for. Does anyone know if she can still get the dining plan?
    He LOVED the Mouse!!!

1995-Offsite ~ 1997-All Star Sports ~ 2004-Pop Century ~ 2007-Fort Wilderness
    2009 - Unknown

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i believe so.. i can just call my aaa agent when i wanna make a change.. i'm thinking of adding the hopper and maybe even one more day of park tickets to my ressies
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    i believe your friend should be able to add the dining plan no problem...

and chrissy...if your in doubt about the going for the park hopper option or not...i would def. say do it! we've have never not had it when we go and we definitely get our moneys worth...i cant ever think of a day when we havent used it in fact...its especially nice if want to spent morning emh at one park then switch over to another and then hop again at night to the park w/ the evening emh. and you dont have to feel like your on as tight of a schedule...like if you only have one day at a certain park and you miss out on a ride you wanted to go on then your out of luck...but if you go w/ the park hoppers then that shouldnt be a problem...i think it just makes things a lot less hectic and your not trying to squeeze every little thing into one day...i love them...but of course w/ the extra options comes the extra cost so it all depends on your budget...but if you have the extra $ do it! and of course you could add that extra day you wanted...lol...i mean who doesnt want extra disney time??!!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

thanks thumper.. i want the hopper so i can jump around if we want to.. with tayen its all about her...LOL(2 yrs old) and if we have to go back and let her relax and miss something i would like to have the opt. to go back..

not to steal trey's momma's post but what would you do??

we are arriving on the 29th and i figured it would be a relax day.. and we could go to DTD and i have ressies for dinner at 6 at planet hollywood.. but we have talked about leaving earlier and gettting there early which means we might wanna do more than just go to DTD
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    She should have no problem adding on the DDP. I will be adding ticket days onto my package by tomorrow (gotta wait for the bank of MOM and DAD to deposit they money they are holding for me) I already called and they said okey-dokey to it. Disney likes when you want to spend more money. LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

lol i'm sure they do...LOL we hve 4 days planned one day for each park.. should i just keep that and add the hopper and just keep to the plan of DTD and relaxing that first day.. orr add a extra ticket day for our first day too.. like i said dinner plans are for DTD..
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by TreysMomma View Post
    When we got our package we added the dining plan on when making our reservations. A friend of mine is going in Dec. and didnt get the dining plan. Her reserations and all are done and paid for. Does anyone know if she can still get the dining plan?
    It depends on what your friend is purchasing. Did she buy a WDW Package, that includes both hotel reservations and tickets, or did she buy hotel and/or tickets individually? If she bought a package, yes, the DDP can be added. Just have her call Disney (or her Travel Agent) and add it. If she didn't buy a package, then no. Only a MYW Package or a DVC member staying on points can get the DDP added.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    i'm thinking of adding the hopper and maybe even one more day of park tickets to my ressies
    If you're not sure, there's no reason to waste the money in advance. Once you get to the parks, if you find yourself wishing you could park hop, just take your tickets to a Guest Services location, and have them upgraded. You pay only the difference in gate prices between the hopper and non-hopper version of your ticket. Same thing goes for adding more days. So long as there's at least one day left on your ticket (ie, it hasn't been completely used up already) you can add more days. Again you pay only the cost difference in gate prices between your two tickets.

I did this several times last year, upgrading my friends tickets from non-hoppers to hoppers, and adding days onto the tickets when we realized the difference between 7 and 8 days (for example) is $2, so there's no reason not to go to the parks that first day, even if we arrive at 5pm.

TreysMomma is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks so much! I'll let her know!
    He LOVED the Mouse!!!

1995-Offsite ~ 1997-All Star Sports ~ 2004-Pop Century ~ 2007-Fort Wilderness
    2009 - Unknown

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Park hopping and dinning plan, two WDW services I cannot live without. I hope Disneyland Resort has the dinning plan because that is the NEXT big Disney trip my family plans to take.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    You can add the Disney DIning Plan up to just under a week in advance. But one thing you CAN'T do is show up at your resort at check-in time and ask to add the DDP. That is one example of when Disney will NOT accept more moey from you.
    -- Eric

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    You can add the Disney DIning Plan up to just under a week in advance. But one thing you CAN'T do is show up at your resort at check-in time and ask to add the DDP. That is one example of when Disney will NOT accept more moey from you.
    The sooner she adds the dining plan the better and then reservations need to be made for the table service meals.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    The sooner she adds the dining plan the better and then reservations need to be made for the table service meals.
    She can and should making reservations now, regardless of the dining plan. The dining plan and reservations for table service meals have nothing to do with each other. You need reservations regardless of whether you're on the plan, not on the plan, or will add the plan later.