Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Breakfasts on the disney dining plan in the Ask The Experts forums; Dear All I live in the UK & am going to stay at Disney next year We have booked to have the Disney Dining Plan included as I have heard ...
    PJC
    PJC is offline A-Ticket holder

Breakfasts on the disney dining plan

Dear All

I live in the UK & am going to stay at Disney next year

We have booked to have the Disney Dining Plan included as I have heard so many good things about it

I understand that you get a meal for a counter service restaurant, a table service restaurant and a snack

Can we use the counter serivce credit for breakfast & if so where?

Also what time would you suggest is the best for dinner reservations?

Many thanks

PJ

You can use your counter service for breakfast or any meal you would like for that matter. If you decide on breakfast you can use a counter service credit at any of the Resort counter service restaurants and there is a bakery type place in every park. At Magic Kingdom there is Main Street Bakeshop. MGM has the Writer's Stop. Epcot has various places throughout World Showcase that has different pastries and such. And at Animal Kingdom you can try Kusifiri Coffee Shop and Bakery.

When making dinner reservations my family prefers to go for an earlier time. Restaurants throughout the world start serving dinner at different times, but most begin at 4 to 5 PM. You can also you use your table service credit for lunchtime if you prefer and make it for a little later in the afternoon. There are no rules about when you use your credits. Also, so you know, you can use 2 table service credits for one of the Dinner Shows.

Just be sure that you start calling for your regular ADR's (Advanced Dining Reservations) 180 days before your vacation begins at 1-407-WDW-DINE

Good luck and have fun!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    The Dining Plan was such a great option for us. We used table service credits a couple of times for breakfast. We did the character breakfast at The Crystal Palace in MK and Donald's Breakfastosaurus at DAK. We were so stuffed from breakfast we then used our snack credit for lunch (which is a great value if you use it in Epcot) and then counter service sometimes for dinner.
    We like to do our dinner reservations fairly late depending on park and restaurant location so we can try to catch fireworks from where we are, especially at Epcot. Depending on what time of year (we went in October) the Reservation people can help you switch around your ADR pretty much night of. A couple of times, I called them and said something like, "I"m here in Epcot but I want a table service restaurant for MK later tonight for anywhere but Tony's. What do you have?" Of course, if you want a princess meal- plan your entire trip around it and book it now.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i'm using alot of my table credits for breakfast with chart.'s.. i have princess in epoct at norway, chef mickey's, crystal palace planned for breakfast.. i did that because i knwo first thing in the morning were hungry.. it makes us get a earlier start and keeps us from sleeping in...LOL and also at dinner time i know were going to be doing somthing and were not going to wanna stop what were doing.. were just going to wanna grab a quick meal and go on.. but i do have dinner at coral reef planned as our anniversary dinner and dinner at the liberty tavern so about the time we get done eating.. it will be time for MNSSHP party to get going and we'll be there near the parde way and we'll be feed and ready to start trick or treating!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy