Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss 20,000 Leagues in the Ask The Experts forums; My 13 year old son tells me that he was looking at Google Earth with a friend. His friend pointed out what he says are the submarines from the old ...
    mummando is offline A-Ticket holder
    New Jersey (you gotta problem with that?)

Question 20,000 Leagues

My 13 year old son tells me that he was looking at Google Earth with a friend. His friend pointed out what he says are the submarines from the old 20,000 Leagues ride. I had to explain the ride to my son as he is too young to remember it. But now I'm curious....are the subs still around and can they be seen from Google Earth? Thanks for the help!!!!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Most of the photos on google earth are outdated. I believe most of the subs are still around, but are not in that area.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Actaully, I think you can see the subs on google earth in an area just north of the contemporary.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

marni1971 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Older updates of Google Earth did have them still in the Boneyard next to Bay Lake. Live Local for a time had them in the NW Boneyard, ready to be buried.

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    It depends on when the shots were taken. The pictures of our neighborhood are almost 9 years old.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.