Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Where should we stay?? help!!! in the Ask The Experts forums; K, im finally going back to WDW!!!! group of 5, 4 adults 1 child.......where should we stay.....is it worth paying extra to stay somewhere outside of the all stars music ...
    dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World

Where should we stay?? help!!!

K, im finally going back to WDW!!!! group of 5, 4 adults 1 child.......where should we stay.....is it worth paying extra to stay somewhere outside of the all stars music family suite?? I love the boardwalk villas, but it cost $4,000 more!!! so is it worth it? or are there other good places i dont know about?? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm the only one!!!!

Summer 1989---Offsite
    May 2005----Boardwalk
    July 2006----PORS
    Aug. 2008----Coronado Springs (Engaged!)
    Dec. 2009----POFC (Honeymoon!!)
    June 2010----PORS

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i like the all stars just fine.. for me its not important how super nice the room is because i have my daughter with me so i'm not looking for romantic mood.. we plan on spend alot of time in the park so i could care less what kind of view i have from my room...LOL but if i was going for romance or something i would shoot for a nicer resort
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    I'm a fan of Pop Century, I know it's not a crowd pleaser with some but it is a fun resort, plenty to see. On the Moderate side I'll always recommend Port orleans Riverside, very nicer resort, great themeing and nice boat to DTD. Still plenty for a kid to do and very nice for adults
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    I like Pop and POR also. Plus, if you tell them you have 5 at POR they have some rooms that come with trundle beds. Also, I know they were running some specials on the DVC resorts... around $165 a night. That'd be worth checking on, too. They even come with a mini (studio) or full kitchen.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    I have to agree, Pop and POR are both good choices. If I had to pick one I would go for POR. The atmosphere is wonderful and the theming is perfect. And like mentioned above, you can request a trundle in your room and all 5 of you would be able to stay in the same room. I don't know if this would crowd you at all, my family of 2 teens and 2 adults fits comfortably though. We LOVE the resort, I would look into it if I were you.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    When we went to WDW in '01 & '04 we stayed at POR in one of the rooms with a trundle bed b/c we have 3 kiddo's. We really wanted to stay there again this past July but we had 6 ( our older DD's BF came with us to help celebrate DD's " Sweet Sixteen " ) and did not want to pay for 2 rooms. We opted for a family suite at All Star Music and were very impressed!!! It had a kitchenette, one private bedroom, 2 full baths & 2 T.V.'s!!! We still want to go back to POR for all of the reasons stated in the previous posts above but ASM worked out really well! Plus it was under $125.00 a night!!!
    Last edited by Dizisit; 08-14-2007 at 08:08 PM.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?