Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Mickey Pal's ???? in the Ask The Experts forums; I am headed off to Diseney with a 2 year old grandson and 11 daughter. Are there two sizes of Mickey, What is the difference with the sorccer, I saw ...
    DisneyMarie is offline A-Ticket holder

Mickey Pal's ????

I am headed off to Diseney with a 2 year old grandson and 11 daughter.
    Are there two sizes of Mickey, What is the difference with the sorccer, I saw on Ebay 3.0 &The 50th celebration edition, I know to avoid the older ones....any other cautions?

I heard of purchasing from outlets in Disney area, I do have a friend in Lake Buna Vista.....I think the cost they ask and 7% tax is steep for a two year old that will likely bore of it, and the weight?
    Any thoughts?
    Disney Marie

In Memory of my Angel DeAnne Marie Jan 2007

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    The tuxedo wearing HCOE edition does not sing songs and will not talk about the newest attractions. Otherwise, he functions ver similarly to the current YOAMD Sorcerer version. The HCOE version also has a medallion permanently affixed to his hand - it interacts only with the HCOE pendants that were sold for a short period of time. His tuxedo and shorts are removable...but not easily. I actuall tore out the underarems of the jacket as it isn't very well made. The robe and hat on the current version are easily removed but his shorts are sewn into his body.

He's not terribly heavy and I imagine that the two year old will be riding in a stroller, right? How are the kids about sharing? Maybe start out with one, see how their interest is after a couple of days before deciding on a second one.

Admittedly, I'm a 40+ who is obsessed with my Mick - I have all three versions and an entire suitcase full of clothes, accessories and shoes. But, I have no small children to please on my trips. My 20 yo just rolls his eyes and shakes his head. LOL!

DisneyMarie is offline A-Ticket holder
    Gosh, I have my homework cut out if I look on Ebay then. There are some that say 3.0 and I don;t know what that means. The tips are so helpful, really rules out the older ones for me.
    My son wants to get his there for the 2 year old, I am hoping the gal friend in FL may know of any outlets I find to perhaps locate one.
    If not I think just let the son get his for toddler and enjoy it from there.

I love your idea to dress and outfits they look so cute on Ebay those that I found. There was something about some not fitting, or being tight and to buy at the make a bear stores accessories too. What fun...But so expensive. Gee It hardly seems worth $39.99?
    Thanks for helpful info, it rules a ton of them out on Ebay!
    DiMarie

In Memory of my Angel DeAnne Marie Jan 2007

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Version 3.0 is the current YOAMD Sorcerer Mickey one. I have to add that I own exactly 1 (one) of the official Disney Pal Mickey outfits. I find them to be of VERY poor quality and extremely overpriced. The outfits from Build A Bear are much too large - although, I did buy the Buzz Lightyear outfit, disassemble it completely, cut it down and recreate it. Many of my the outfits for my Pals have come off of Starbucks Bearista or plush from Goodwill. Most of his shoes are from Walmart (infant size 1)