Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Planning on staying at the wilderness lodge in the Ask The Experts forums; On my next trip to Disney I was considering staying at the wilderness lodge . I was looking for some input such as likes and dislikes. I was especially curios ...
    tiggaman is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Planning on staying at the wilderness lodge

On my next trip to Disney I was considering staying at the wilderness lodge . I was looking for some input such as likes and dislikes. I was especially curios about the transportation (how often to the buses run from park to park)?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The hotel is beautiful. The pool is a work of art. Artist's Point and Whispering Canyon Café' have really great food and a lot of atmosphere. We were there in February a few years ago, and I don't recall that the buses were any less frequent than from other resorts. I guess the only drawback I found was the long walk to get from our room to the outside. I prefer resorts where your room door opens to the outside; such as at Caribbean Beach. If I had a chance to go back to the Wilderness Lodge, I'd certainly not turn it down.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I love Wilderness Lodge, I stayed there last November. We used the buses to get to MGM & Epcot (we didn't go to AK this trip) but we took the boat (which is right out in back of the lodge) to the Magic Kingdom. It's very convenient (maybe around 10 minutes) and a very pretty ride. How often the busses run is dependent on the time of year it is and I would also assume it would also depend on how crowded the resort is. I asked for a room where we could view the geyser and the Electrical Water Pagent. If you are interested, they have a Flag Family every morning that is selected to go on the Lodge roof to raise the flag. You can inquire at the front desk if you are interested on getting on the list.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    A great choice to stay at and my favorite resort.

Theming , absolutely fantastic
    Transportation- boats to MK, busses to everywhere else run every 10-15 minutes
    Dining - can't go wrong both sit dowsn are great, the quick meal areas is very good, good pool bar too by the way
    Water parade goes right by beach, can't go wrong there.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

ryankcr is offline A-Ticket holder
    We are checking into the Wilderness Lodge on Labor Day for our third stay there. On our honeymoon, we used the Disney Transportation. It wasn't bad going to the parks. The boat ride to Magic Kingdom was so peaceful. We took the bus one time over to Downtown Disney. That took about 45 minutes and made a couple of stops along the way. Our second trip we had a rental car and we found that to be really convenient since you don't pay to park in the lots as a Disney Resort guest. This time we will have our own car. We'll probably split between driving and taking their transportation. We really love this hotel and can't imagine staying anywhere else. Everyone we know that has stayed there says the same thing.

hunny8373 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We've stayed there twice and loved it every time. What was great for us was that we were able to get a room with a queen bed and a bunk bed for our two girls. They loved that. The boat rides to MK are nice and you never have to wait too long. You can watch the water parade each night and the geyser is fun to wait for too. My girls both got their hair wrapped in colored thread outside the pool. And, when you eat at the Whispering Canyon restaurant, don't forget to ask for some ketsup!

turtleclanscott is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The Wilderness Lodge is our favorite resort. We stay in the Villas now, but stayed in the Lodge prior to joining DVC. The boat service to MK is wonderful! We always filled up our mugs at the snack stand on our way to or from the docks. The bus service is okay. Sometimes you really feel like your going to the furthest reaches of WDW property.

Don't miss Whispering Canyon! We make a special trip there if we aren't staying at WL. It's a lot of fun!

I also rented a bike one day, and had a really nice ride to Ft Wilderness and back. It's about a 10 minute ride through the trees.

Our oldest daughter (3) fondly refers to it as the "Lodge Home."

Enjoy!
    Turtleclan Scott
    DVC Member Since 2001