Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Epcot on New Years Eve in the Ask The Experts forums; If you are staying at a WDW resort on New Years Eve are you guaranteed to be let in the park even if it reaches capacity? The reason I ask ...
    jenagirl116 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Epcot on New Years Eve

If you are staying at a WDW resort on New Years Eve are you guaranteed to be let in the park even if it reaches capacity? The reason I ask is because we are going for New Years Eve and are suppose to check in on that day. I heard to get to the park, Epcot in our case, when it opens and stay so you don’t get locked out. That is no problem because we only live an hour away. However, if the check in time is 3:00 p.m. you would have to leave to get checked in right? So how do you do this?
    Jennifer
    Viera, Florida

"Fantasy and reality often overlap." —Walt Disney

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by jenagirl116 View Post
    If you are staying at a WDW resort on New Years Eve are you guaranteed to be let in the park even if it reaches capacity? The reason I ask is because we are going for New Years Eve and are suppose to check in on that day. I heard to get to the park, Epcot in our case, when it opens and stay so you don’t get locked out. That is no problem because we only live an hour away. However, if the check in time is 3:00 p.m. you would have to leave to get checked in right? So how do you do this?
    First of all -- Hey neighbor! (I live in Suntree).

It would probably be safest to call your resort and find out for sure. Based on what I found at this other site:

Walt Disney World: Re-Entry

... it sounds like reentering the park after having already been there gets you some level of priority for reentry, but no guarantee. And staying on property gets you higher priority still -- but again, no guarantee. But it sounds to me like even if you're staying on property and have had your hand stamped, you still have to wait for someone to leave before you can go in. Which makes sense when you think about it, since the park capacity would have to be a legally imposed limit to which they must strictly adhere, and therefore in order to let you or any other guest in when the park is "full", they'd have to start barring other guests while they are still below that limit. So I think your best bet would be not to leave the park at all once you're inside.

Maybe you could wait til after you're done at the park to check in. I assume you're driving, so you should be able to park your car at the resort, leave your bags in the car, and take Disney transportation to the park. As long as you confirm your room with a credit card they should let you check in any time after 3PM.

You might also call the resort and find out what the options are for checking in before 3. I doubt you'd be able to actually get early access to your room during that time of year (although it never hurts to ask), but maybe they'll let you do the paperwork and get your key and room number so that when you return to the hotel at the end of your night all you have to do is get your bags out of the car and go to your room. I haven't stayed on Disney property in about 20 years, but I do travel for business sometimes, and most hotels offer some variation on this type of accommodation. I can't imagine Disney not doing anything like that, unless it is because of the holiday.

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Wehave checked into our resort as early as 6 am (we changed from one resort to another in this case) and most always before noon. Your room just won't be ready until after 3. They checked our luggage for us and we head out to the parks. The front desk will give you your keys and tell you that your room won't be available and to call a phone number to check for your room number later in the day. I would check in before the parks open and then head off to Epcot. Then you don't have to worry about anything and have your bags brought up to your room after you get back in!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!