Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Should I... in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello All, I'm new to the forums and have to make a decision and need some advice and not sure if this is the right place, but here it goes. ...
    phbear316 is offline A-Ticket holder

Should I...

Hello All, I'm new to the forums and have to make a decision and need some advice and not sure if this is the right place, but here it goes. DH and I have been DVC members since 04' and love SSR our home. Three months ago DH hit me with he wanted a divorce, Since I am the one who pays for the DCV, I want to still use it but unsure if I want to go solo. Love Disney to death and makes me feel happy, but this is also the place where DH and I spent our honeymoon, and may other trips, which will bring up sad memories also. I'm also not sure if I'm ready to be alone or do this alone. I know there are things to do and I will use the spa, pool etc, but just sharing meals with someone and watching wished by myself seems so sad. Could I possibly have a good time?

Also another question is if I do go, am I crazy to have a one bedroom by myself? I like the idea of having a washer and dryer in the room with me, and the big whirpool tub. Do you think its a waste of points? I would be going down in January. Also would it be crazy for me to get the dining plan for one person, not so sure I would want to be in a sitdown restauant by myself?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    A Dream is a wish your heart makes

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    In my opinion, dont give up on Disney! There are still plently of great times left for you to have at WDW. You will make new memories over time, and once you've hung around on DWT long enough, you will find you have a heap of new friends here, some of who do solo trips. And as for the washer/dryer issue being a waste of points, i dont think so, enjoy the luxury!!!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I think I'd look around for someone to take along; a girlfriend, sister, cousin, niece. Someone who just wants to go have some fun.
    I've gone to the parks twice on my own and found that I could still have a good time. There was no one to consult as to what to do, when to do it or when to leave. If your timeshare is like ours, we can go back to the same place. but probably wouldn't end up in exactly the same room. Also, our timeshare allows us to trade off to different locations. Not being familiar with DVC, I don't know if you have that option.
    If you end up going by yourself, just enjoy seeing and doing different things that you didn't do before. Make a point of looking for the obscure details that you may have overlooked when traveling with someone else. I've heard of people meeting someone while at Disney and making lasting friendships. Who knows! You may find someone in the single rider line that would enjoy sharing a table with you for lunch or dinner.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I dont have much advice for you on the DVC thing except dont let someone else stop you from enjoying something that interests you. The Dining Plan......Go for it. Dont worry about eating by yourself. If you are willing to meet new ppl tell them at the podium that you would be willing to share a table. You might get a few toads but most of the time the frogs are more common. (not a dating thing, just some nice families or other singles, men or women, who also dont want to dine alone)
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    There are tons of good times to have solo at Disney!! and if you have the points, why not get the 1 bedroom? Sounds worth it for the tub!

If you are really concerned about the memories being depressing, maybe for this first trip you could try a different DVC resort? Try things you've never done...take a behind the scenes tour maybe, or ride the segways around World Showcase. Dining alone is probably one of the most awkward things to do at first, but you can always talk with the servers or read your Walt Disney World Trivia book while you eat.

Good luck!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm not a DVC member but can't you bank some points for a few years? But if you love disney like alot of us dwt you will not want to give it up. My daughter is 21 now and my wife and her sometimes go one way and I go another; and I just do whatever I want in the park I'm in and I feel pretty comfortable talking to just about anybody in the parks when normally I'm a little bit shy or reserved. I can't help but be happy when I'm there even if the family is not with me. Think about it before you sell you dvc membership.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

phbear316 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks every one for all the encouragment. I could bank my points, but I'm really missing disney right now, I try to go at least once a year, and I was just down fo a few days in Jan of this year, so one year is way too long to be away from Mickey. I have have points banked from last year that I need to use so that is definately not an issue. I feel comfortable at SSR have stayed there three times so I know feel comfortable and safe there. I have no brothers and sisters, and mom and dad don't travel anymore, but I may ask my sister in law if she would be interested in comng over from Tampa for a few days. I will make my decision in a few day

Thanks again everyone
    A Dream is a wish your heart makes

WASPDADUK is offline A-Ticket holder
    Go for it you will experiance lots of new good memories, you will never feel lonley lots of nice familys and people to talk to. You will have to go back one day , do it now and start enjoying.
    Good luck.