Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Possible Birthday Trip in the Ask The Experts forums; I would really love to go to WDW on my birthday this year. My birthday is Nov 23, the day after Thanksgiving. I know that the parks are especially crowded ...
    hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again

Possible Birthday Trip

I would really love to go to WDW on my birthday this year. My birthday is Nov 23, the day after Thanksgiving. I know that the parks are especially crowded at that time of year. I was hoping to go down for 3, maybe 4 nights. I would really love to stay at AKL, but if it's just my mom and me, I know we can't afford it. My ideal trip would be to stay at AKL concierge for one night and then a value resort is fine for the other nights.

The 23rd and 24th are regular season rates, while the 25th and the 26th would be value rates. (Does this mean less people will be in the parks?) So, if we did stay at AKL, it would have to be on the 25th or 26th. I am out of school on the 26th, so I know that gives me an advantage over some of the crowds. I don't want to miss more than 1 day of school.

I know this is crazy to want to plan a trip this soon after getting back, but it was my mom's idea. Also, I want to eat somewhere special for my birthday, probably Boma. I have been craving Boma lately. I was hoping for any advice or anything else special we could do. Also, if we stay concierge, I would love to do the sunset safari or the sunrise safari, but I know that is more $ added on. That would probably only be possible if my step-dad goes. I was also thinking about asking for just money for my birthday and Christmas to use for this trip. My wonderful grandfather has actually already said he would give me my Christmas money in advance, even without me asking.

Last thing, I would like to work in MVMCP on the 25th, but we would rather not use park admission for that day. I was thinking about the Yuletide Fantasy tour. Will it have started by then?

Any advice will be appreciated. I would love to go, but in all likelihood, it won't work out. But... a dream is a wish your heart makes...
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Sounds like a fun thing to do for a birthday.

You might want to check out the info on AKL at AllEarsNet: Animal Kingdom Lodge Fact Sheet
    Two things jumped out - the construction work for the DVC AK Villas, and the days of the week the Sunrise Safari and Sunset Safaris are offered. Sunrise is at Animal Kingdom, Sunset is at the savannahs at the Lodge itself.

MVMCP does not require park admission, just the MVMCP ticket will get you into the Magic Kingdom starting around 4 p.m.

Not sure when the Yuletide Fantasy Tour starts or what days it will be offered, but you could call 407-WDW-TOUR to find out.

Good luck!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks for the info. Since we can get into the park as early as 4pm, I would love to do something besides having to use park admission on that day. We just don't want to use an admission for just a few hours. We would rather have a whole day. We may end up using a day's admission anyway, but we may go to another park besides MK. I really hope we're able to go!
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Also know that if you stay at one resort and are changing to another resort, all you need to do is check out at the current resort and just check in at the new resort. Send you luggage from the old to the new resort through the bell persons in the main lobby. This will definately save you time and halling around luggage.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

Thanks for the tip Winnie. We will be driving so we would probably just pack up our luggage and move it. If we didn't have a car then we would send it through bell services.

I'm thinking about going ahead and booking Boma without letting my mom know. I don't want for them to book up. I can always cancel if we don't get to go.
    - Hillary

I went ahead and booked Boma. I didn't want to miss out on it. I booked for 3 people, but I don't know if my step-dad will go. I knew that I could change the ADR from 3 to 2, but I may not be able to change it from 2 to 3. At first, I was offered an 8pm ADR, but we don't like to eat that late, so I asked for anything earlier. She said she had a 4:40pm. I said, "Perfect!" I was (and am) very excited. I wanted the earliest seating I could get! Then, I won't have to eat much that day before we go (assuming we do get to go...).
    - Hillary

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by hillo View Post
    Thanks for the info. Since we can get into the park as early as 4pm, I would love to do something besides having to use park admission on that day. We just don't want to use an admission for just a few hours. We would rather have a whole day. We may end up using a day's admission anyway, but we may go to another park besides MK. I really hope we're able to go!
    You said you were going for 3 or 4 nights, right? That's 4 or 5 park days? You realize that the cost difference between a 4 day ticket and a 5 day ticket is about $3? I'd say that's worth "using up" one of your admissions, personally. Ticket Price Comparison Chart As for "a few hours", you clearly need to wake up earlier. The parks open at 9am. That's 7 full hours of park-going abilitiy before you can get into the MK with your Christmas party ticket. Take advantage of them!

Paul Lalli

It's only 2 park days for us. We have an 8 hour drive down there and back, so we can't go to the parks the first and last day. Also, if we stay in the parks until 1am Sat night, we can't be at a park when it opens at 8 or 9am without being too tired. We also already have our tickets. I really wish we could do what you are saying, but there isn't a way.
    - Hillary

I have very good news (and minor bad news). I guess this "possible" birthday trip is becoming a reality. Yay!!! I booked All-Star Movies this morning. They said I had to pay regular season rates for all 3 nights though. That stinks, but oh. I would have to check out and check in again. Also, I couldn't book for less than 3 nights at Movies, but I could at Pop Century. I knew that we would be going to parks and AKL and that they were closer to the All-Stars. We decided it wasn't worth $20 to check out and check back in or stay at Pop. I booked it for just my mom and I, so I hope that my step-dad doesn't decide to go. I know that I can easily add him on, but now I really only want to go with my mom since he won't be paying for us to stay at AKL. I hope we can go on a trip with him next year. I know that he won't enjoy all 1 full day in the parks. I also decided that we will probably eat at Beaches and Cream on Sunday. I have been wanting to eat there, and I didn't think about going there until today. I hope everything works out.
    - Hillary

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I so excited for you thats great you are going for your birthday. Im kinda in the same boat your in as far as the day your birthday falls. My birthday is the 15th of november and we plan on going to disney next year for my b-day. But the think is I really want to be there on my birthday which will be on a saturday. We usually drive down but that mean we would have to leave VA friday evening to get there for a full day in the park on saturday. But now my mom says that she hopes we can fly down early that saturday and be there for a full day in the park. We plan on staying for a whole week tho so we will be leaving the day everyone will be coming in for Thanksgiving. So major flight issues and crowds but hay I want to go to the most magical place on earth for my B-day. Well I hope you have fun. bye
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

I hope you have a great birthday trip, lilo. I don't mind riding in the car for most of the day on my birthday because I will be at WDW for the next three day. It would be nice to spend the day in the park, but spending the day after my birthday in a park is really just as good. I'm very excited. I hope everything works out for me to go. We have to decide about buying tickets for the Christmas Party and if we want to do the Yuletide Fantasy tour. We would be booking the tour for the first day that it's running this season. Also, were can I find information on the Candlelight Processional and the Osborne lights? I thought we may get a chance to do those.
    - Hillary

My birthday trip has gone from being possible to booked. I'm very excited. Seven weeks from today I should be at WDW, probably at MGM or AK.
    I guess this is sort of like a pre-trip report. I know I posted almost 2 weeks ago that I was frustrated at us having to pay the extra $20 for our resort even though it was a value night. I was looking around on Disney sites, and I saw where Disney was offering discounts on their rooms from now until Dec 23. I clicked on the link and it took me to mousesavers. It had where Sun - Thurs nights were discounted $20-40. It also said you would pay on a day-by-day basis. So, I knew I could save $30 plus tax if they would give me the Sun night discounted. So, I called up Disney knowing the worst they could say was that I had already booked and that it couldn't be changed or that the discount wouldn't apply. The nice lady on the phone said the All-Stars may not have availability for those nights. She checked and there was availability, so she tried the discount. She asked the code (which is CCE if anyone needs to get a discount.) She then said your new total is $279.11. I couldn't believe it! I even said, "It worked?!?" My previous total had been $335.61. It even discounted my Fri and Sat nights by $10 a night! That saved us $56.50!! That's almost my birthday meal at Boma. I told my mom, "Aren't you glad I spend too much time researching Disney?" She said, " In this case, I am." (She really doesn't mind, because she knows I'm a good student and a good girl, and that I just spend my free time on Disney websites while still doing school work and other things.) I also ordered our MVMCP tickets while I was on the phone. They should be on their way. I am glad that I found the mousesavers discount. I really should check their site more often.
    - Hillary

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    That's great!! on your trip and finding good deals. Enjoy your trip and
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    That's great!! on your trip and finding good deals. Enjoy your trip and

Thanks!
    - Hillary

Our MVMCP tickets arrived in the mail today!! I'm very excited. The tickets are so cute. I will keep them forever. One has Cinderella and Prince Charming on the steps of the castle and it says, "Where the glass slipper always fits." The other one has Mickey, Goofy, and Donald in a tea cup and says, " Where a cup of teas brings us together. And apart. And together." I absolutely love them! I have note card cube with the Mickey and friends picture, but I haven't seen the Cinderella one before. I love getting things from Disney. Also, I ordered an Adventure by Disney video on Sunday. I was hoping it would come by this weekend. Maybe it will come tomorrow or Saturday. My mom and I talked about going out to Disneyland for my graduation. I would love to do that. Adventures by Disney has a really awesome Disneyland trip, but it's expensive. I will have figure up the cost of a Disneyland trip on it's own and then decide what our better option would be. I didn't mean for this to turn into a two pre-trip report thread. We talked about Disneyland for next summer, but if we even got to go, it may not be until summer 2009.
    - Hillary