Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Seasonal Pass Help? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello! Every-time we've gone to Disney World the past couple of years, we've always bought seasonal passes. But, I've never really looked into the discounts or things offered by having ...
    audiohysteria is offline A-Ticket holder

Seasonal Pass Help?

Hello!
    Every-time we've gone to Disney World the past couple of years, we've always bought seasonal passes. But, I've never really looked into the discounts or things offered by having these, other than the hotel discounts for Florida residents. I recently read somewhere that if you have any annual pass, regardless of what kind, you can get discounts on food, but on another site I read that it's just for normal annual passes, and seasonal passes aren't included.
    Also, if you can get food discounts with a seasonal pass, how exactly would you ask for the discount? Like, I know I read that you can get 10% lunch at counter-service restaurants, but would you ask for it specifically and show them the your pass or what?
    Thanks (and please tell me if I'm completely wrong about this, haha)!

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by audiohysteria View Post
    Hello!
    Every-time we've gone to Disney World the past couple of years, we've always bought seasonal passes. But, I've never really looked into the discounts or things offered by having these, other than the hotel discounts for Florida residents. I recently read somewhere that if you have any annual pass, regardless of what kind, you can get discounts on food, but on another site I read that it's just for normal annual passes, and seasonal passes aren't included.
    Also, if you can get food discounts with a seasonal pass, how exactly would you ask for the discount? Like, I know I read that you can get 10% lunch at counter-service restaurants, but would you ask for it specifically and show them the your pass or what?
    I don't know whether the seasonal pass gets the same discounts as the annual pass. But I do know that the dining discounts available to annual passholders are pretty limited. It's basically 10% off the total bill, but it's only at a handful of sit down restaurants, no counter service places that I recall, and only during lunch time Monday through Thursday. Other discounts for APs are discounts on the tours that aren't even as good as those you get with the Disney Visa, and I think 50% off mini-golf. One thing I'm positive APs get that SPs don't is free parking.

When you get your pass, they usually put it in a little jacket or booklet that lists everything that you get with the pass, including any discounts. Disney also has all the passholder benefits on their web site, but I think it's login protected. So if I had my AP with me I could log in and tell you exactly what my benefits are, but I couldn't tell you about the SP benefits. You might try going through the process of buying an SP online at Disney's web site (just make sure you stop before you actually make a purchase). I imagine there has to be some point where they disclose all the benefits to you before you commit to purchasing the passes.

As for how to use the discount, the only one I've ever used personally is the 10% off at World of Disney at DTD. There, I present my pass at checkout and ask for the passholder discount. If I remember correctly, they had to swipe it or something.
    Last edited by tizzo; 09-20-2007 at 05:50 PM.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by audiohysteria View Post
    Hello!

Take a look at the bottom of AllEars.net's page on AP/PAP/SP: Annual Pass Information and Benefits Search for "AP Benefits As of January 2007" to get to the right section. You'll see all of the benefits for passholders. More importantly, you'll see this notation: "All benefits listed apply to Annual Passes, Premium Annual Passes and Florida Resident Seasonal Passes during non-blacked out periods.". Then further down, you'll see the Dining Discounts you were talking about:

Lunch Discounts: Get 10% off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding tax and gratuity) Monday through Friday during lunch hours for Passholder and up to three Guests at the following participating Walt Disney World Resort Table Service locations. Call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463) for advance dining reservation. Lunch hours vary by location.
    • - ESPN Club at Disney's Boardwalk
    • - Sand Trap Bar & Grill at Disney's Osprey Ridge & Eagle Pines Golf Clubs
    • - Concourse Steakhouse at Disney's Contemporary Resort
    • - Trail's End Buffeteria at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
    • - Grand Floridian Cafe at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
    • - Olivia's Cafe at Disney's Old Key West Resort
    • - Kona Cafe at Disney's Polynesian Resort
    • - Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort
    • - Yacht Club Galley at Disney's Yacht Club Resort
    Epcot Lunch Discounts: Get 10% off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding tax and gratuity) Monday through Friday during lunch hours for Passholder and up to three Guests at the following participating Epcot Table Service locations. Valid for Passholder and up to three guests. Call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463) for advance dining reservations. Lunch hours vary by location.
    • - Nine Dragons Restaurant
    • - Alfredo di Roma Ristorante
    • - Le Chefs de France Restaurant
    • - Restaurant Marrakesh
    • - Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Restaurant
    • - San Angel Inn Restaurant
    • - Coral Reef Restaurant
    • - Biergarten Ristorante
    • - Le Cellier Restaurant
    • - Restaurant Akershus
    • - Rose & Crown Restaurant
    • - Garden Grill Restaurant

When you want to use your discount, just tell your server that you are a passholder, and show him/her your pass. They'll take the 10% off your meal. Probably best to do this as you're seated, rather than after the bill has been computed.

Hope this helps!
    Paul Lalli