Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Pirates in the Ask The Experts forums; Here's a thought (and I hope this is the right area of the forum for this-I'm still new ) Having just ridden the Depp-ized POTC for the firsttime, I felt ...
    Elchippo is offline A-Ticket holder

Pirates

Here's a thought (and I hope this is the right area of the forum for this-I'm still new)

Having just ridden the Depp-ized POTC for the firsttime, I felt the finale was sort of anti-climactic with him just sitting there alone. Why didn't they reuse the pirates that used to be there in the burning town scene or somewhere else? Does anyone know?

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Sorry, I don't know but if you listen to the podcasts I'm sure eventually Lou and Jeff Pepper will go throgh the ride inch by inch. You could even write to him with a show idea about the differences of the old and new POTC.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

I am a faithful listener, every Monday morning. Lou, if you read this, consider it my show idea submission

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I too was wondering what used to be there. I just rode Pirates for the first time last week since I was 14. I don't remember the original, pre Jack version. DH couldn't either and he just saw the pre-Jack version in 2004 (I opted not to ride)
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    The pre- Jack scene was a room that was on fire and the 2 guards had been tied up in chairs.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

There are pics and video floating around too.....in addition to the soldiers/guards, there were a few inebriated pirates "guarding" them. Thats why I thought they could have been re-located to the burning scene.

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I think it would be great to have the other pirates there, but I will say that the difference in the quality of the animatronics is extreme. Perhaps the high-quality Depp character made the others look really primative by comparison.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.