Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss MNSSHP Costumes? in the Ask The Experts forums; I will be attending MNSSHP on November 2nd. We plan to dress up. I have heard that it is kind of "faux pas" to go dressed as something that is ...
    kriskay is offline B-Ticket Holder

MNSSHP Costumes?

I will be attending MNSSHP on November 2nd. We plan to dress up. I have heard that it is kind of "faux pas" to go dressed as something that is not Disney. Is this true? Will I be weird if I go as a jailbird or nurse or something? Anyways, I'd like to do a Disney character, but am having trouble with 1) an inexpensive costume and 2) a womens' costume that is comfortable and not so hot...

Any ideas? Or has anyone seen an adult Jessie costume?

~~Kriskay~~

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Kriskay,

When I was at MNSSHP on Sept 14th this year, I did note that there were people in non-Disney costumes. Granted, I'd say that 99% of those people who were in costume were wearing something Disney-centric.

Now, if you were to ask me what non-Disney themes were portrayed in costume, I'd be hard pressed to give you an example. The only one that sticks in my mind is the sexy witch costume. There was a pack of 20-something ladies that passed me in the restaurant we ducked into during the rainstorm who were wearing that costume theme (I'm a guy what can I say, it got etched in my brain).

The other costume I saw in prevelance was an orange T-Shirt that said, "I don't do costumes"

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    were also going on nov 2nd and were going as pirates.. the whole family...

you can make a pirate costume as comfortable or as sexy as yu want.. here under my post for my pre trip report you can see my costume

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...re-report.html
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

OH my gosh i just noticed your from KY too... LOL
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

and were going to be at the all star movies too...LOL
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

LoL Chrissy. That's crazy! I bet we have similiar names too..my nn is Kris or Krissy.
    I live in Bowling Green, KY. Crazy how many things alike! However, I will not be traveling with family..just a friend that loves Disney as much as I do! My boyfriend is not too keen on vacations, and a Disney trip is not even negotiable!
    I guess we will definitely be seeing you then around the hotel, transportation or actually at the party!

~~Kriskay~~

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by kriskay View Post
    I will be attending MNSSHP on November 2nd. We plan to dress up. I have heard that it is kind of "faux pas" to go dressed as something that is not Disney. Is this true?
    Not at all. Wear whatever you'd like, whatever you would wear to any other costume party or when you would go trick-or-treating. I saw people last year dressed as doctors, monks, Superman, etc. Sure a lot of people go as Disney characters, but there is absolutely no requirement or peer pressure to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by kriskay View Post
    LoL Chrissy. That's crazy! I bet we have similiar names too..my nn is Kris or Krissy.
    I live in Bowling Green, KY. Crazy how many things alike! However, I will not be traveling with family..just a friend that loves Disney as much as I do! My boyfriend is not too keen on vacations, and a Disney trip is not even negotiable!
    I guess we will definitely be seeing you then around the hotel, transportation or actually at the party!
    my name is Crystal really but my mom calls me chrissy and my hubby called me chris forever until about 2 years ago when he started calling me Gayle because my crazy mom..LOL named me crystal gayle...LOL

i'm at the other end of KY were on the ohio west virginia stateline near Ashland.

it is so crazy we have some many likes going on!..LOL

well i'll be around the resort.. i'llhave my yellow disneyworld trivia lanyard on and i have a very loud lil girl with me...LOL and on Nov 2nd we will be dressed as pirates my hubby in all black.. my daughter has the cutest lil pirate princess costume i must say..(i made it myself ) so be on the look out for us.. and let me know what your going to be when you figure it out...

i was at halloween express and they had snow white, tinkerbella, and other princesses all goth looking and i really want to one of them and they were like $30 for everything.. i really liked them.. but i had ready made tayen's costume.. so i went pirate too
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    I was there on the 8th and there were lots of not generic - be non-Disney type costumes. The most popular... families of pirates, they were all over the place. My friend owns a costume shop in Orlando and we saw the same ladybug (adult female) costume he sells 3 times. Also saw some other "sexy" costumes on women: witches, pirates, nurses, bumble bees. Lots of the little ones had the Disney costumes, but I know it's harder to find good grown-up ones. No offense, but on their site most of them are quite cheesy.
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

go figure.. the pirate thing.. i figured there would be lots of pirates...LOL
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

FINALLY decided on and bought our costumes. I will be Alice in Wonderland. She will be Snow White. Can't wait!!

~~Kriskay~~

AUGH!!!!! Brent wants to change our costumes now!!!!!! but he dont know to what!! oh my gosh.. i'm going to choke him...LOL
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

I cant wait.... hey Kris change in plans!!! look for 2 people with a lil one in a pink stroller dressed like this..

Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Chrissy!!

Those costumes are AWESOME! I'm jealous! Ours are okay...we got them for $20 so pretty simple. I will definitely be looking for your fam! How exciting! Its getting close!!

~~Kriskay~~

i know!! when are you checking in?? were leaving not this friday but the next and checking into disney the monday before halloween the 29th
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast