Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss 1st night ideas in the Ask The Experts forums; Here is a link to the parade on Deb's website: Electrical Water Pageant We ate dinner at Chef Mickey's on 9/22. Afterwards, we hopped the monorail to the Polynesian, stopped ...
    GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Here is a link to the parade on Deb's website:

Electrical Water Pageant

We ate dinner at Chef Mickey's on 9/22. Afterwards, we hopped the monorail to the Polynesian, stopped by Tambu Lounge for a beverage and headed to the white sand beaches. Snagged a couple of lounge chairs and sat back to enjoy the Electrical Water Pageant and Wishes (we couldn't hear the music but the view was beautiful). It was a fabulous and relaxing way to start our trip!

I'd bet money that 2/2/08 is, indeed, going to be a Pirate and Princess Party - I'll have to pull out my brochure from last February to see what time the fireworks are. Since you don't get in until 6:17, you might not have time to eat and make it over to the Poly before they go off. Try to get a table in the very back room at Chef Mickey's facing the lagoon - you get a pretty good view of P & P fireworks from there. Then walk down to the Contemporary docks by Sammy Duval's. There are some benches to sit on and the parade goes right by there.
    Last edited by GalPal; 10-13-2007 at 07:01 PM.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Thanks! That is a good idea. Do you think I could ask for a table like that when I made a reservation?
    Dreams Really Do Come True

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Your best bet would be to ask when you check in at the podium and be willing to wait a bit. We sat back there a couple of weeks ago and the tables up against the windows were round and for larger parties so, if you have more than 5 or 6 people, I would think you have a better chance.

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I would rent a surrey bike at the Boardwalk and watch the street entertainment. Watching Illuminations from the Boardwalk is nothing like watching it from inside the park. I wouldn't focus on that.

Hoop Dee Doo does have a 9:15 or 9:30 show if you think you could make that.

We just played golf at Winter Summerland mini golf and it was a lot of fun! I liked it a lot better than Fantasia Gardens mini golf. It's next door to Blizzard Beach.

Have fun!!!
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    If they are having it and depending on what resort, you could try the Luau at the Polynesian. We went to DD instead of this but after we got home my child said she wished I had "made" her go to the Luau. DD was a blast though, Stitch spitting, Ghiaradelli (sp?) hot chocolate, all the great Disneyana and the Rainforest Cafe, wow. We were ready for MK the next morning. We always do MK first, something about the castle makes it more real.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    If these kids haven't traveled much or been many places, just BEING in WDW...anywhere...will be exciting, especially the first night. In fact, doing more sight-seeing - DTD,or even your resort so they can get the lay of the land will prevent them from environment overload. A relaxing meal for the first night to recoup from traveling would probably be best. Have a welcome package from Mickey to sneak into their room ready with a tiny plush, an autograph good, some stickers, bookmarks, ....whatever...will psych them up for the things to come. Start small and let the rest of the week be a crescendo.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

o8catrina8o is offline D-Ticket Holder
    take them to downtown disney to get a princess make over or go to disney quest, another idea is to just stay at your resort and relax , most resorts have kid clubs drop them off there and u go to california grill for a nice diner , also bring a borad game or card game and play itin your room
    1993 - Dolphin
    1995- Aunt House
    1997- Off Site
    1999- Off Site
    2000- Coronodo Springs
    2002- Port Orleans and All Star
    2003- Off Site
    2004- Off Site - Christmas Time
    2005- Pop Century -Christmas Time
    2005 -Carribean Beach - DIsney Wonder
    2005- Disneyland- Spring Break
    2006- Pop Century - Halloween