Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disney store question in the Ask The Experts forums; ok at the disney store in DTD can you use coupons there that you get at the other disney stores?? i have one with 15% of my next purchase and ...
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Disney store question

ok at the disney store in DTD can you use coupons there that you get at the other disney stores??

i have one with 15% of my next purchase and the first day i can use it is nov 1st so can i use it at the disney store there?? and can i use my AAA discount card too?
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I don't think you can use Disney Store coupons at World of Disney. They are two separate companies. Disney Store is owned by the same company that runs The Children's Place; World of Disney is run by Disney Parks & Resorts. You can always try and the worst they can do is say no.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

oh well.. i didnt know they were different.. thanks now i would look dumb trying to pas it off on them..LOL
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    I don't think you can use Disney Store coupons at World of Disney. They are two separate companies. Disney Store is owned by the same company that runs The Children's Place; World of Disney is run by Disney Parks & Resorts. You can always try and the worst they can do is say no.
    Very true, but anything's possible. For example, both TDS and WoD accept Disney Dollars as well as Disney Visa Rewards cards. So it's possible they might both accept the same coupons. Like you said, it can't hurt to ask...

Paul Lalli

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Just checked the small print on the back of the coupon I have from pre-ordering the Jungle Book at the Disney Store. It says:

"Not valid on purchase from Disney's Soda Fountain and Studio Store, Studio Store, or any World of Disney location."

So I guess, Chrissy, check the back of the coupon and see what yours says.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The Disney Store mall chain was sold in 2004 to Hoop Retail, a wholly owned subsidiery of the Children's Place.

You can't use a Disney Store coupon at World of Disney. You can get a discount at World of Disney with your Disney Visa or the Diamond Card that came with your AAA package.
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Just as an FYI...

The reason you can buy Disney Dollars and WDW tickets at The Disney Store is that this was part of the original licensing agreement between Hoop Retail and Disney.

Disney retains final sign off on all merchandise sold at TDS. In exchange for the right to sell merchandise bearing the likeness of Disney characters, etc., TDS must purchase and resell items such as media, gift cards, DD and tickets with no additional markup.

This is one of the reasons that many people don't realize that TDS in the United States are no longer owned and operated by Disney. Of course, at the store in my area, the difference becomes apparent the minute you step foot in the store. They either ignore you completely the entire time you're there. Or, they start the hard sell by shoving all kinds of junk in your hands the second you cross their threshold. Kind of depends on how the store is dong that month and if they are making their numbers or not.

our disney store in huntington wv. is the the nicest group of people... they are very helpful! and i think they know me when they see me coming...LOL but i was at in Chicago and i have to say it was the best.. the store manager got down inthe floor with bug and was playing with her with the toys... it was so awesome!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy