Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Shoe tree in the Ask The Experts forums; We were on the boat going from the Magic Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge via the campground. There was a tree in the water with a dozen or so pairs ...
    dab7769 is offline A-Ticket holder

Shoe tree

We were on the boat going from the Magic Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge via the campground. There was a tree in the water with a dozen or so pairs of gym shoes hanging off it. Can someone please explain? My daughters (ages 8 & 5) thought it was hysterical but wanted to know the story. THANKS!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Here's what I know about it...

When CMs finally leave their job at WDW, they take their shoes and hang them on that tree so that a part of them stays with Disney forever. That might be false, but that's what I've heard about it.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

dab7769 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thank You!

I don't know if it's right or not either, but it makes a lot of sense to me. I actually got tears in my eyes when I read it. My girls said "Oh, mom, that is SO cool. Then it's like they don't ever have to leave."

We were just down there last week as a treat to me between chemo & radiation for breast cancer & we all cried pretty hard on that last boatride back to the hotel before catching the limo to the airport. We're going back again in June so it's not like they won't be there again, but it's always so hard to say goodbye.

Thanks again. I look forward to seeing if anyone else has any other theories.

Quote Originally Posted by dab7769
    I don't know if it's right or not either, but it makes a lot of sense to me. I actually got tears in my eyes when I read it. My girls said "Oh, mom, that is SO cool. Then it's like they don't ever have to leave."

We were just down there last week as a treat to me between chemo & radiation for breast cancer & we all cried pretty hard on that last boatride back to the hotel before catching the limo to the airport. We're going back again in June so it's not like they won't be there again, but it's always so hard to say goodbye.

Thanks again. I look forward to seeing if anyone else has any other theories.
    The town that I grew up in has the same type of thing and that was the same reason kids did it. They would throw their shoes up there when they would leave for college...or a job somewhere else. Sounds like olmec may be onto something.

I certainly wish you all the best with your illness and here's hoping for a fast and complete recovery. Take care.

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    Here's what I know about it...

When CMs finally leave their job at WDW, they take their shoes and hang them on that tree so that a part of them stays with Disney forever. That might be false, but that's what I've heard about it.

What a great story! It sounds true,too! Where did you find that out?
    Izzy