Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss When do the Christmas decorations disappear? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello, new to the forum and loving it!!! Does anyone know then the Christmas decorations are taken down? I've heard that it can happen overnight so just trying to plan ...
    DTSZ is offline B-Ticket Holder

When do the Christmas decorations disappear?

Hello, new to the forum and loving it!!!

Does anyone know then the Christmas decorations are taken down? I've heard that it can happen overnight so just trying to plan ahead.
    Thanks so much!!!

DTSZ

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Welcome to the forums! Based on my experiences, Disney seems to take the decorations down around the second weekend in January. Decorations in the parks come down gradually, each night, a little more is taken down until one day you walk in and notice they're all gone.

The resort decorations happen more rapidly-- usually overnight. Once, while staying at the Wilderness Lodge, I wanted to take pictures of the lobby decorations. Having a long day in the parks, I decided to get the photos the next morning. To my surprise, they were all gone--just like that. The 7 story x-mas tree...everything! You can always call your resort to ask specifically as it might change each year. Hope this helps!
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

DTSZ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks, a bunch!!!

We are trying to plan a trip for the last week of Dec./first week of Jan. and didn't want to miss them!!

DTSZ