Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Reservation Issues in the Ask The Experts forums; My mom, sister and I are in the process of planning a 5 night/6 day trip to Disneyworld in December. On 10/17 my sister called and made our reservations. While ...
    Razzi is offline B-Ticket Holder

Reservation Issues

My mom, sister and I are in the process of planning a 5 night/6 day trip to Disneyworld in December. On 10/17 my sister called and made our reservations. While on the phone with the CM the CM told her there was a special pin code attached to her name and would check out what kind of a discount it was and if it would save us more than the advertised room special we originally asked about.

Well the price actually shocked us!! We were pricing a trip for the three of us with park hopping, plus options, dining plan and staying at Port Orleans Riverside. The CM gave my sister a price of $1762 and she verified that all of the options we had asked for were included. Needless to say my sister was thoroughly pleased and couldn't wait to get off the phone and tell us about what a deal she had just gotten. I immediately started jumping up and down and chanting "we're going to Disneyworld" I get just a tad excited.

Here's where I had my magic ruined I realized something had to be too good to be true. I made my sister call back again to check that the CM had in fact gotten everything right, she hadn't. When she put in the pin code apparently it removed the dining plan from our reservation. So we ended up adding that fee on to make it no longer a "deal"

Anyway, I guess my question is does Disney typically mess up reservations like that? My sister asked her repeatedly while on the phone to verify that everything we'd asked for was included in that final price. I was so disappointed after our second call back that I didn't even have any interest in making our ADRs the rest of the night, I felt like someone had let the air out of my Mickey balloon.
    Don't frown because it's over, Smile because it happened.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I do all my reservations online... that way if it's messed up it's only my fault.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Hopefully she got the name of the 1st CM, Call back again(I know it is a pain) and ask them to go over it again. When she put in the pin code it may have been a computer glitch that eliminated the dining and hadnt shown up fast enuf on her screen.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    ^I know several CM's who work in Central Reservations and that can be a very tough demanding job. Sometimes they do make mistakes and it is disappointing, but if you handle your request politely, they will usually bend over backwards to make it up to you.

Some of the silly requests they have gotten include things like "Can I have a room that the monorail goes through?" That has legitmately been asked many, many times.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    LMMEO That wouldnt leave you with much privacy. Can you imagine trying to take a shower with the monorail running by? HMMMM...maybe Disney can charge to ride the monorail as long as the bodies taking a shower are worth the price. And put the stupid guests on the ones that run by shower stalls with ppl like me (old and fat) as punishment for doing stupid things like asking when the 3 o'clock parade is.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    You are crazy.
    Although I don't think I needed to type it.
    I always use a travel agent- she is great and if there are any discounts out there to be had she finds it. I think you should maybe email one and see what kind of quote they can give you. It never hurts to try!
    Don't let the air out of your Mickey balloon! You're still going to Disney World after all!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

hms1016 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The same thing happened to me when I was planning my December trip. We were on hold for an extremely long time. When I finally got through we also got a great price. I told them to book it and then they said that their computers were updating and I would have to call back. When I did they gave us a much higher price and they figured out that it was because they hadn't included the dining. They really didn't do anything for us except apologize.

Razzi is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I actually did price it around a bit first, I looked online, then tried a travel agency, and then we decided on calling since we had a few questions. I didn't really expect them to do anything for us, I guess I was just disappointed that they would make such a big mistake and then barely apologize for it. The CM that we got when we called back was really pretty nonchalant about the whole thing, my thought was 'geeze if we hadn't known better we would have gone thinking we had the dining plan and then been in a huge pickle when we got there and found out we didn't' I think that's more of what deflated my mood. Anyway, thanks for all the thoughts on it, I see we're not the only ones, and yes Cinderella2.... I'M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!! 45 days!
    Don't frown because it's over, Smile because it happened.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Yes you are! Yippee!
    I have 100 days to go now, I wish it was 45 days!
    Dreams Really Do Come True