Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Painted earfle(sp?) tower in the Ask The Experts forums; I think i remember the earfle tower ( i think that's how it's spelled) was spotted for 101 dalmations and i though you went up and inside to see how ...
    Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata

Question Painted earfle(sp?) tower

I think i remember the earfle tower ( i think that's how it's spelled) was spotted for 101 dalmations and i though you went up and inside to see how the movie was made or am i going crazy i was about 7 so im not sure

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Do you mean Eiffel in Paris?
    Dreams Really Do Come True

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Ummm...the earful tower in MGM is a water tower. As in ,,it has water in it...kinda a wet enviroment for a movie. LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy
    Yes the earful tower was painted with spots , burt you did not go up inside it
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The "Earful Tower" is the water tower with the Mickey Ears at Disney-MGM Studios. It was the original park icon.
    At various times they did decorate it - a Santa hat at Christmas, and it sported blue goggles for when the Orlando Magic was in the basketball playoffs. It may very well have had Dalmatian spots at one time, but the only confirmation I could find was on Wikipedia, and we all know how reliable that can be.
    You never could go inside the Earful Tower, however they did once have a display of props and scenery from 101 Dalmatians (live version). It was on Soundstage 4, I believe where the Narnia exhibit is now.

Oh, and the "water tower" is empty, it never held water. They built it because all the old movie studios had a water tower on their lots.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    What?! Did I sleep through the whole earful tower thing? I had no idea there was such a thing. I just thought it was a random water tower like all towns have. Duh. Someone needs to take me to Disney World, like now.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The Earful Tower never actually had water in it. It was a Prop, intended specifically as an icon. It has been decorated many times like several people have noted. The most remembered being the Santa hat at Christmas. The Backstage Tour Tram spiel included a pun about the hat size of the tower.