They are off by a factor of 10.
It is around 2800 shells each night.
On the new 2005 WDW Planning DVD there is a trivia quiz. Neat! It has Easy, Hard, and For Kids sections with 5 questions each. However, one of the "Hard" questions asks how many shells are shot at Illiminations each night? A. 5,000 B. 15,000 C. 28,000
They say answer is 28,000. No way I say! I say the answer is about 500 or so, if that many. Anyone know for sure?
Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 01-31-2005 at 08:52 PM.
Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member
DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13) Total Trips/Days = 25/316
Well here is what the Disney site says:
* The spectacular cosmic explosion which begins the show is made possible through the use of Disney's patented Air Launch Fireworks (ALF) technology.
* 1,105 shells are fired during each show.
* Two special floating fireworks effects were created specifically for the show
o Starfield Effect
o Floating Torches
* The effects in the show include a unique palette of colors featuring:
o mint green
o pumpkin orange
o lagoon blue
* Shell Types: comets, candles, mines, shells, tailed shells, crossettes, scattering bees, whistles, reports/salutes, ground effects, floaters
© 2012 WDWRadio™ and Second Star Media™
Please note that WDW Radio, Lou Mongello, and Second Star Media are in no way part of, endorsed or authorized by, or affiliated with the Walt Disney Company or its affiliates. Visit Disney's official web site at Disney.com - As to Disney artwork/properties: © Disney - Disclosure.