Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Ideas for spreading pixie dust in the Ask The Experts forums; I need some help. My son is 11 and this will be his first time to the USA (we're Canadian), first time on a plane and first time anywhere disney ...
    LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Ideas for spreading pixie dust

I need some help. My son is 11 and this will be his first time to the USA (we're Canadian), first time on a plane and first time anywhere disney (besides the disney store five hours away)

He loves Disney. I'm looking at creating a basket or something for when he gets there as a surprise. I want it to be from Mickey or Goofy. Any suggestions? Pop Century is supposed to be great but do they sell baskets??

Any idea would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by LaBretonne2002
    I need some help. My son is 11 and this will be his first time to the USA (we're Canadian), first time on a plane and first time anywhere disney (besides the disney store five hours away)

He loves Disney. I'm looking at creating a basket or something for when he gets there as a surprise. I want it to be from Mickey or Goofy. Any suggestions? Pop Century is supposed to be great but do they sell baskets??

Any idea would be greatly appreciated!
    If you have the time and would like to, you should do the basket yourself. You can get lots of different things to put in it. My first suggestion would be to go to a scrapbook store and buy a small (5X7) scrapbook. These are great to get autographs in and then take a picture with your Son with that character and when you get home he will have a wonderful souvenier! Scrapbook stores should also have various Disney stickers. Other ideas could be a spray bottle with a fan (these are terribly overpriced at the parks!), maybe a pair of sunglasses, a Disney Tshirt....there are so many things you could put in! You can order things from www.disneydirect.com or www.laughingplacestore.com has some great things. If there is something particular that you want and can give a good enough description you can also call WDW direct and they can ship you anything you need! Also...instead of a basket a great idea would be a Disney backpack that he could use while at the park or at the very least during your trip there! Good luck and have a great vacation! I'm sure that your Son will have a wonderful time!

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    The Disney Florist can arrange a basket/bag to be in your room for checkin..

http://www.disneyflorist.com/

407-827-3505

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    maybe a pair of sunglasses, a Disney Tshirt....there are so many things you could put in! You can order things from www.disneydirect.com or www.laughingplacestore.com has some great things. Also...instead of a basket a great idea would be a Disney backpack that he could use while at the park or at the very least during your trip there! Good luck and have a great vacation! I'm sure that your Son will have a wonderful time!
    I agree with the idea of a backpack instead of a basket. I also agree with the idea of doing it yourself.

Another add could be a Disney Hat (you can find these at any Wal-mart). If he doesn't have his own camera, get him an inexpensive one, or some disposable ones. Since this is his first time at Disney World, I would get him the Birnbaum's Guide for Kids. It is the best guide out there that will show pictures of the rides and can help him get a good layout of the parks and what there is to do. It's not the greatest guide, but the best one with color photos and it is geared toward 7-12 yr olds. Amazon normally has good deals on these.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyonaDime
    Since this is his first time at Disney World, I would get him the Birnbaum's Guide for Kids.
    This is a GREAT suggestion DisneyonaDime! We bought one for my son on his first WDW trip and we still look back at it. It has places for kids to write their favorite memory, favorite ride, etc. It ends up being a nice souvenier as well as a planning guide!