Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Times of Parade Taping? in the Ask The Experts forums; I know the Christmas parade tapings at the MK are this Fri & Sat, but anyone know what time(s)? I know I've seen them somewhere, but can't find them now.... ...
    Fishy RocketBoy is offline A-Ticket holder

Times of Parade Taping?

I know the Christmas parade tapings at the MK are this Fri & Sat, but anyone know what time(s)? I know I've seen them somewhere, but can't find them now....

thanks - Andy

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I was under the impression that the parade is taped in segments and takes most of the day.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    If not most of the day, at least the entire morning into the early afternoon. Honestly, I would avoid MK during the parade taping.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    If not most of the day, at least the entire morning into the early afternoon. Honestly, I would avoid MK during the parade taping.
    I'm thinking about going specifically to check out some of the tapings - I know it will probably be a zoo, but I only live about 1-1.5 hours away, and I'm a passholder, so it's not a big deal...

- Andy

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I got the impression that it was an all-day event where they just keep doing the parade over and over to get all the shots.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I am soooo jeaslous Fishy Rocketboy.

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    So, did anyone go for the parade tapings?
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

Quote Originally Posted by hgraber View Post
    So, did anyone go for the parade tapings?

I went Friday late afternoon and saw the taping for the girl from American Idol (sorry, don't remember her name... not much of an Idol fan...) singing with all the Princesses - interesting to see the filming and the multiple takes...

- Andy

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy RocketBoy View Post
    I went Friday late afternoon and saw the taping for the girl from American Idol (sorry, don't remember her name... not much of an Idol fan...) singing with all the Princesses - interesting to see the filming and the multiple takes...

- Andy

I thought that she did a great job! I She sounded good on TV anyhow. I would really like to see the taping, it must be interesting. What time did you have to get there? Did you have to make any special reservations, or as a passholder did you just show up?

Quote Originally Posted by pigletfan View Post
    I thought that she did a great job! I She sounded good on TV anyhow. I would really like to see the taping, it must be interesting. What time did you have to get there? Did you have to make any special reservations, or as a passholder did you just show up?
    There was a roped off area for the audience you saw on TV - I believe they give passholders free tickets into that area, but that they went real fast when given away online - don't know if everyone in that area had tickets, or if you just showed up early enough if you could get in...

In any case, you could still get a pretty good view of what was going on from several places in front of & to the sides of the castle.... and being it was Friday, it wasn't that crowded in general, and most of the congestion (of course) right in front of the castle....

- Andy

btg_3000 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy RocketBoy View Post
    There was a roped off area for the audience you saw on TV - I believe they give passholders free tickets into that area, but that they went real fast when given away online - don't know if everyone in that area had tickets, or if you just showed up early enough if you could get in...

In any case, you could still get a pretty good view of what was going on from several places in front of & to the sides of the castle.... and being it was Friday, it wasn't that crowded in general, and most of the congestion (of course) right in front of the castle....

- Andy
    Yeah i got to go i was there for the concert... i was part of the adience only during jessica simpsons take they started to let others guests from the park in... so we saw her sing her songs like 5 times we got bored and left.. if was a very yucky day very foggy and misty outside. but from far we got to se patti labell, katherin mcphee, some people from dacing with the stars the blonde girl from the cheetah girls and i cant remember the other "star" that was there...