Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Whatever happened to Susan???? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi, My brother and I have been desperately trying to find any information on a show that we LOVED to watch when visited Disney World as children. It was shown ...
    slammindoor is offline A-Ticket holder

Whatever happened to Susan????

Hi,

My brother and I have been desperately trying to find any information on a show that we LOVED to watch when visited Disney World as children. It was shown in the hotel rooms on the Disney viewing channel over and over 24 hours a day. It was narrated by "your tour guide, Susan". It had a clip about River Country with a silly song "the kersplashin-ist fun you ever had". It also started with the song "Let's Go Fly a Kite" and I think a picture of the monorail.

Can anyone PLEASE help me find a copy of it or any information about it? We've been trying to locate it for so long.

Thanks so much,
    Holly

MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    What year was this? I turned up a bunch of what would seem to be good-looking leads with "disney closed circuit television shows" on google.

Seems like a question that only the head of the "Disney Archives" [dun dun dun] could truly answer.
    Last edited by MiraNova23; 11-29-2007 at 10:16 PM.
    My
    (If I'm here, then I'm probably supposed to be animating instead.)

I'm not sure of the exact year. I know I was in middle school so it had to be 1980-1984...it was on more than one year because we couldn't wait to get there and turn it on as soon as we got in the room! Thanks for your help. I hadn't thought of closed circuit tv...I'll give it a shot!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I remember exactly what you're talking about. It was pretty much the show that started the trend that still exists today with the female host taking you through the parks. I doubt it's available on tape or anything like that though unfortunately.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Well thanks for verifying that my family and myself hadn't imagined the whole thing! You're the first person I've found who even remembers it. I'll keep digging....wanted to get a copy of it and hand it out to the wholel fam at Christmas.

Thanks again!