Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Easy walking distance from Hotels to Theme Parks in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello everyone, greetings from the U.K Can anyone tell us the best hotels from where we can walk to the parks especially to Epcot.? We want to avoid long lines ...
    MinkyMouse is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Easy walking distance from Hotels to Theme Parks

Hello everyone, greetings from the U.K
    Can anyone tell us the best hotels from where we can walk to the parks especially to Epcot.? We want to avoid long lines for the mono rail and buses and enjoy walking !

Any and all replies very much appreciated
    Thank You !

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I probably should let someone more knowledgeable answer this, but I'm pretty sure that you can access Epcot on foot if you stay at the Beach Club and possibly the Yacht Club. Unlike the UK, most US cities aren't set up for a lot of walking. Distances between point A and point B are greater and sidewalks are becoming a thing of the past. I think the real problem at WDW is the distance between resorts and parks. They had the room, so they used it.
    Last edited by mini-V; 12-02-2007 at 12:53 PM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    The Beach Club and Beach Club Villas are a very close walk followed by the Yacht Club just a little bit further. The Boardwalk Inn and Boardwalk Villas are also just a close walk away. You can also hop on the little water taxi that will get you there if you didn't feel like walking one morning. From those resorts you are able to enter Epcot on the back side, sort of by France.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Any of the resorts in the Boardwalk area are walking distance from both Epcot and MGM (if you consider 20 minutes, in some instances, to be walking distance).

Contemporary is walking distance from Magic Kingdom.

And that is all.

Walt Disney World was not designed for pedestrians. Most of the roads do not have sidewalks, and would be very dangerous to try to walk on.

Please don't be deceived by how close some resorts seem to some parks in satellite photos. For example, Grand Floridian looks very close to Magic Kingdom, and it is, but there is no way to walk there ... there is a canal separating the two venues.
    -- Eric

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Just consider the 20 minute walk a warm up to all of the walking you'll be doing anyway. lol!
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've stayed at all the Epcot resorts except for the Boardwalk and Swan. The Beach Club is probably the closest as far as walking distance goes, followed by the Yacht Club. I would guess that Boardwalk would probably give you the same walking distance as the Yacht/Beach, depending upon where your room was. While it would be possible to walk from the Swan or Dolphin to Epcot, I don't know if thats something that you'd want to do, seeing as how Epcot itself is a lot of walking itself, but if you stayed there you could take a Friendship launch.

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Epcot is the only real "walking" distance park as most people have explained already. The Contemporary is walking distance to the Magic Kingdom, but even then it is still a hike.

There aren't really too many long lines for the monorail and busses, though. They keep them moving pretty quickly.

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Besides, riding the Monorail is a MUST have Disney experience. You can't go to Disney without doing that at least once.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've walked the path from Contemporary to Magic Kingdom many times (generally the best way to get from Downtown Disney to the Magic Kingdom is by taking a bus to the Contemporary). It's not that the path to the park is that long - it's that you have to walk to the front gate. As you walk along the path, you're going to see Space Mountain and Rocket Tower Plaza seemingly just over the fence. So basically you're walkiing the entire length from Tomorrowland to the Train Station before you even get to the turnstyles.

I've also walked from Epcot to the Studios several times. Again, not a bad walk - takes maybe 20 minutes, but not something I'd want to do every day. If I was staying at one of the Epcot resorts, I might walk a few times, but I'd rely on the Friendship boats most of the time.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Walking is good but the lines were never that long for buses or the monorail, the most we waited was about five minutes or so and that was at the ASM. Just thought I would share that in case budget is an issue.
    Last edited by Keasmom; 12-10-2007 at 07:55 PM. Reason: punctuation

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    echoscot is correct, you must ride the monorail at least once, but if you're staying at an EPCOT resort then the only way to ride the monorail is from EPCOT to MK. Walking is fun in the morning but after 12-14 hours of it you may want to take a boat or bus back to your resort

I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"
    My husband and I stayed at the Dolphin that is right behind the Boardwalk and we loved it cause it was right in the middle of EPCOT and MGM :
    (excuse me) Disney's Hollywood studios that just changed yesterday ! any way we could easily walk to either parks or take a water taxi to both parks as well. They would take just about the same amount of time but the parks that i remember that were in walking distance were: The Swan and Dolphin (FYI thats not Disney owned) but on Disney property, The Yacht and Beach & Disney's Boardwalk.
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach

iwannabindisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    yep i stayed at the beach club villas and it was definately the shortest walk to Epcot you just go out the door and over the bridge lol, however i took the boat to MGM