Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Renting ECV's in the Ask The Experts forums; Does anyone have any experience with renting a 'scooter' or ECV at WDW? Not the one-day in the park rentals, but for the entire vacation at Disney resorts? My dad ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

Renting ECV's

Does anyone have any experience with renting a 'scooter' or ECV at WDW? Not the one-day in the park rentals, but for the entire vacation at Disney resorts?

My dad has difficulty walking long distances, and would need to be able to use one at the resort as well as in the parks. He uses a cane now and avoids going anywhere where he'd have to walk more than a block or two.

I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    Does anyone have any experience with renting a 'scooter' or ECV at WDW? Not the one-day in the park rentals, but for the entire vacation at Disney resorts?

My dad has difficulty walking long distances, and would need to be able to use one at the resort as well as in the parks. He uses a cane now and avoids going anywhere where he'd have to walk more than a block or two.

I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks!
    I haven't used an outside agency but I do know someone who has. Here is the link to her experience:

http://allearsnet.com/pl/ecv1.htm

I have used the Disney ones and the cost is about the same as an outdoor company, but with Disney you can't leave the park.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    The other downside with Disney's is that you aren't guaranteed an ECV if you get to a park later in the day. An upside is free (and quick) replacement in the parks in the event of a mechanical problem or dead battery.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Thanks for the info - that link was very helpful!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page