Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Tony's Townsquare??? in the Ask The Experts forums; My best friend and I are going to WDW next fall on the dining plan, and we're picking out our restaurants now...I've always wanted to eat at Tony's, but recently ...
    Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane

Tony's Townsquare???

My best friend and I are going to WDW next fall on the dining plan, and we're picking out our restaurants now...I've always wanted to eat at Tony's, but recently I heard a review that left a lot to be desired. Say it isn't so! Is Tony's not that great? Or is it worth a dinner credit? Help!!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    The first time I went to Tony's, it was wonderful. Food and Service were both excellent. The last time (which was last May), everything was ok. The service was still excellent, but the food was just ok. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't exceptional either just ok. But it could have just been a bad day for the restaurant or they could have had a different chef. Have you ever eaten their before? If you haven't, I say go for it and judge for yourself.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    We enjoyed our dinner there this past Oct. My friend and I have the strip steak and it was pretty tasty. I loved the potatoes! My sis had some pasta with chicken that was pretty tasty as well.

Our waiter was great. I have fully planned on our next trip eating on the patio at parade time
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I love Tony's for the theming and location. If you have never eaten there, by all means, you must. I don't think the food is great. It is fine, just not great. I had a chicken pesto pasta and it was fine. It is not something I have to return to every year, but a definite place to check off your list.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I had the steak that was wonderful. I don't remember what the others had. I was too busy trying to get a straw paper cover into someone else's water bottle. I am easily entertained. I don't usually eat pasta at restaurants but that was a wonderful steak!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    We have had some bad experiences at Tony's and therefore I haven't been in awhile and no plans of returning but I agree with the others in saying that you should try it yourself. I must admit though I have never tried their steak and it has me intrigued.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Yensid78 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We have been to many Disney restaurants. Le Cellier is our favorite. We went to Tony's in May of 06 and it was ok. The service was good as usual but the food was just, well....normal. I guess I have come to expect more from Disney and this experience was not much different than our local restaurants. The atmosphere is charming though.