Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Questions for all you Experienced WDW goers in the Ask The Experts forums; Does anyone know a good place in or around epcot to have breakfast with the kids? I guess we have decided to go with the dining plan. Where is the ...
    ready4 fun is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question Questions for all you Experienced WDW goers

Does anyone know a good place in or around epcot to have breakfast with the kids? I guess we have decided to go with the dining plan.

Where is the best location to watch the 'Wishes' fireworks show at MK?

For the EMH at MK, do the buses run earlier enough to get to MK or should we take our own vehicle to take advantage of that one hour in the morning?

any other advice for first timers,,,not only the kids but the parents too, would be greatly appreciated!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Akershus is a princess character dining that does breakfast. It is located in the Norway pavilion of the World Showcase. we havent eaten there as we are not big on breakfast but I hear it is fun.

The best location is usually considered to be on Main Street near the statue of Walt and Mickey, but it tends to get crowded there. I have heard the back side of the castle is less crowded but still a good view. If you want to see Tink fly at closer up range, the bridge leading over to Tomorrowland is a good spot to stand. I have seen them from the OHANA restaurant at the Polynesian. (they pipe in the music) Very cool view. Pretty much anywhere you are not under a tree or behind a building is good.

The buses do start running early enuf to get you to the morning EMH. Taking your vehicle is purely a personal preference.

Best advice.....dont try to kill yourself doing it all, it will be there next time you come back.(well unless they decide to switch out an attraction for something else) the property isnt going anywhere.

The good folk on here can help with more advice if you give some ages and interests of those going, oh and time of year, length of stay, etc. help a lot too.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My advice overall would be to plan to cover the things you really want to do (must do's). Unless you're staying for a really long time, you won't get everything in in one trip. The younger your kids are, the more this holds true. I've been 5 times and there are still things I haven't done yet (largely because I require doing my favorites every time, but still). We recently went with our VERY young kids and had a great trip but it was great because we went with the expectation that we could definitely do our favorites but we'd have to play a lot by ear. The younger your kids are, the better it is to play to their moods and energy level...if you don't you won't enjoy it.
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    There are some pretty good eating places near soarin in Epcot, both character dining and just normal.
    I have watched Wishes from several places around the MK and found them all to be great, it just depends on how long you want to wait. The more popular spots-main st, by the Walt statue and on the monorail station- you have to sit and wait to get a good spot, but you can see them from anywhere in the park. I always try to go to the hotdog place-Caseys?- which is at the top of Main St to the left, as there are tables that look out onto the castle and you can get something for the kids to eat whie you wait.
    I have only ever used Disney transport so don't know what the benefits of taking your own car would be, but I have always found it adequate.
    I would agree with Vixen, don't try to kill yourself to do it all. You won't enjoy the experience as much, and the kids won't thank you for it!! I strongly advise brushing up on WDW before you go, to get an idea of the layouts of the parks as this can be a strong advantage.
    Most of all HAVE FUN, it's the happiest place on earth!!

Yensid78 is offline A-Ticket holder

best place to watch wishes

It appears your other questions have been answered but I wanted to comment on just the Wishes question. I have watched Wishes from numerous places. Each having their own pros and cons. I have seen it from the Contemporary where they pipe the music in. While this was nice, since there were hardly any crowds per say, and the view was amazing, it just didn't feel the same. We have also watched the it from the Rose Gardens just in front of tomorrow land. The smell is wonderful from all the roses and you do get a closer look at Tinkerbell, however you miss some of the effects because of your position to the castle. We have also seen them from behind the Castle as well. From both frontierland and right from behind the castle as well. What most people do not realize is how far back behind the castle the fireworks are set off at. While some are set off from around and off the castle itself, most of the larger fireworks are set off some distance behind fantasy land. For this reason, my preference for watching Wishes is in front of the castle, no closer than the Attractions board. Yes, the crowds are heavier here however I find it is well worth it for the view. Also, may I recommend that afterwards (if the little ones are not too tired assuming you have little ones), you can hang out by the front of the castle, get some last minute pictures, all while the crowds thin out and exit the park.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ready4 fun View Post
    Does anyone know a good place in or around epcot to have breakfast with the kids? I guess we have decided to go with the dining plan. All the above mentioned places are good, but if you do decide to eat at a neighboring EPCOT hotel in the area, try Cape May at Disney'd Yacht & Beach Club, its a great character breakfast buffet

Where is the best location to watch the 'Wishes' fireworks show at MK? On top of the train station or as your running from the park to the busses so you can beat the crowds to the bus stops haha!

For the EMH at MK, do the buses run earlier enough to get to MK or should we take our own vehicle to take advantage of that one hour in the morning? If MK is open, there is transportation, 1 hour prior to opening.

any other advice for first timers,,,not only the kids but the parents too, would be greatly appreciated!

Any other questions you have feel free to contact me!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    breakfast in epcot- i usually head straight for the land, and get fastpasses for soarin'. then eat in the food court there, ( i would usually remember the name, but im a bit tired, surgery yesterday)

as for viewing spot for wishes, the best spot is underneath main street station. but anywhere in magic kingdom is a good spot.

the busses run all the time, you can easily make all of the extra magic hours with the disney transportation.

good advice, hakuna matata, relax its a vacation, dont overplan. set a general idea like so, (pirates, jungle cruise, aladdins magic carpet, grab a bite to eat country bears) hit the shows in the middle of the day. and make use of photopass, and definaely get the souvinear mugs

keep it fun, dont stress out, and relax.

HAKUNA MATATA
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

annie609 is offline A-Ticket holder
    One bit of advice about viewing locations for Wishes...if you're watching from Main Steet, don't choose a spot too close to the castle. If you're too close the castle blocks your view of some of the fireworks.

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    As an experienced Disney World goer-my favorite location to watch Wishes is on the balcony of the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station. If you get there early enough, you can snag a nice padded chair and a front row view right against the railing. It's an elevated dining area so you don't have anyone standing in front of you. Perfect in my opinion. And not too crowded. The only negative is that they don't turn off the lights on the balcony which might ruin the ambience for some folks. Doesn't bother me tho. Have a great time. When do you go?
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

thanks! were do I get the souvenir mugs and what are the photopasses?

thanks...going March (Easter) but have no choice...Im praying we will have a good time but fearing the crowds!

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    I think the best place to watch Wishes is on the walkway to Tomorrowland from the central hub. That's also a good place to watch Spectromagic.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    you can buy souvinear mugs almost at your resort, they are expensive but if you make good use of them they pay them self out unlimited refills of any fountain beverages

photo pass is disney making your souvinear photos of you and your family taken by the professional photographers by disney, in designated areas of the parks, with good views available to you and only you online,. for the first picture you take the photographer will hand you a card that says photopass on it. keep it with you and hand it to every photographer you see, when you get home log onto the photopass website, and put in the code on the back of your card to see the pictures take by the professinal photographers on your computer, from there you can order prints and i think email them to family aqnd friends.

that might not be as clear as it could be. check out the website for more details
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    The best location is usually considered to be on Main Street near the statue of Walt and Mickey, but it tends to get crowded there.
    Agreed. If you want to see Spectromagic, try to get a spot to the right of the statue on the Tomorrowland side of the street. That way you have a good spot for the parade and the fireworks.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

queenofthehouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Everyone has already given you some great advise. I'm sorry to hear that your first trip will be in March and I understand that you have no choice. When we have kids in school we have to go when they are on vacation, along with everyone else. It will be crowded, so be prepared for that. Make sure you get fast passes, they are well worth it. When my son and I go, the first thing we do is get our Thunder Mountain fast pass and then run and get on the Splash Mountain ride. By the time we're done with Splash Mountain, our fast passes are ready for use. Before you take any breaks, or stop for meals, make sure you get a fast pass for something.

Since you have the dining plan, you will need to make sure you make reservations. Now that everyone seems to be on the dinning plan, it's hard to just walk into places now and get a meal.

Wishes - I've seen it in a number of places. If you want to stay away from the crowds, you can watch it from behind the castle, in front of the Dumbo ride. The fireworks will be all around you. But if you do that, you miss all the neat effects on the castle. I don't mind sitting with the crowds and I usually find a stop on the street or sidewalk in front of the castle. I know you asked about Wishes, but don't forget to see SpectoMagic, it's great. The 3 things that I would not miss are Wishes, SpectroMagic and Fantasmic (at MGM). The newest show that I was pleasantly surpresed about is "Finding Nemo" the musical at Animal Kingdom; it is broadway worthy and for that matter so is "The Festival of the Lion King" also at Animal Kingdom.

My words of advise would be don't use extra magic hours for the evening. The reason is because everyone shows up to that park because the others are or will be closing. The morning extra hours are fine because you still have a population that hasn't gotten out of bed yet. Another thing: bring extra footwear and wear comfortable sneakers.

If you go to MGM (now Hollywood Studios), ask about the Citizens of Hollywood. They are street performers who come out every hour to entertain everyone on the streets. They are very talented and play off the crowd in a very improv way. Late in the afternoon they also have other street performers: Hollywood Public Works. They are dressed as plumbers and are very silly. We love watching the performers. A matter of fact my avitor is me with 2 of the performers. If you are at MGM, you shouldn't miss them. They are a lot of fun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast