Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss coral reef vs. Le Cellier in the Ask The Experts forums; In your opinion which is better...currently have reservations at Coral Reef for March but wondering if Le Cellier is better...have two young boys, ages 5 and 8 and will be ...
    ready4 fun is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question coral reef vs. Le Cellier

In your opinion which is better...currently have reservations at Coral Reef for March but wondering if Le Cellier is better...have two young boys, ages 5 and 8 and will be on the dining plan...

what do ya all think?

Yensid78 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think your boys would like Coral Reef more, however I know the adults in your party would like Le Cellier. Le Cellier is by far my favorite restaurant on the property. We have been to the Coral Reef Restaurant several times as well and each time had a nice experience. The atmosphere is unlike any other on property. Whatever you decide I hope you have a good time! BTW, if you like sorbet, Disney has some of the best at their restaurants and it is always fresh.

p.s. you should be sure to head over to allearsnet.com and check out the menus for each restaurant.

thank you....have you ever done the dining plan...i keep going back and forth..I've already made all of our reservations..but that is just it. I hate being tied to reservations when we are on vacation..

Yensid78 is offline A-Ticket holder
    no, we have never done the dining plan before. BTW, not sure if you are aware but they recently changed it to where gratuity and appetizers are no longer included. I know what you mean about the reservations but it is a necessary evil. Especially if you decide on going to Le Cellier as they typically book out far in advance depending on the time of year you go and the number in your party you can sometimes get a table going stand by and not have priority seating.
    Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    when I was a kid my parents drug me and my brother to Coral Reef....we whined so much that we ended up leaving after the appetizer. Not one of my proudest moments, but the food really didn't appeal to me as an 8 year old.
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    We have gone to both of these restaurants for years when my children were much younger than yours are now. They liked steak so Le Cellier made them happy.
    My baby now 16 and I ate at Coral Reef again at Thanksgiving. We both commented on the Children's menu and were very impressed with the service given to children at CR. The plates are Mickey Heads. The condiments are arranged as hidden Mickey's. Their beverages (smoothies were included) were decorated with fancy umbrella's. There were many small children in the restaurant so we noting all the added touches we were not noticing in other restaurant's for kids and we were in many 'cause we were on the Dining Plan too.

Thanks...did you find with the dining plan that you got your monies worth? We are going for the plan this year but wanted your opinion..did you feel like you got your monies worth for lunch (counter service meals )?

kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    def coral reef. just wait until AFTER your meal to ride nemo....
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

why?

Quote Originally Posted by ready4 fun View Post
    Thanks...did you find with the dining plan that you got your monies worth? We are going for the plan this year but wanted your opinion..did you feel like you got your monies worth for lunch (counter service meals )?
    We were careful to pick the nicer of the Counter Service restaurants when choosing. So yes, it was worth it. It included the drink and dessert. Often we would get the apple slices vs. fries and ate them later. The counter Service desserts were pretty boring. You can also make a quick breakfast out of your snack credit at any of the bakery's at hotels or parks. The plan gave you so much food that yes you got your money's worth. That said before the Dining plan we did not go to a sit down everyday so I think we actually spent more money than we used too. Depends on how much of your vacation revolves around food. My kids are l6 and pushing 2l now so nice meals are enjoyed. When they were small there were days I wouldn't have tried to do sit downs (they all have their days).

The chief complaint I have in general about the DP is it changed how we tour the parks and vacation. It is hard to go with the whim of the moment, sleep in or be spontaneous 'cause you need to stick to a schedule based around your ADR's and it is very difficult to change them that day for a good restaurant. We kept all but one of our ADR's on our trip at Thanksgiving. We blew off Liberty 'cause we really wanted to stop by AK and ride Everest again. We were very fortunate that Yak and Yeti just opened that week and were able to walk in and be seated for that days ADR. Can't say we didn't eat well for the money we paid for the DP this trip.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 01-20-2008 at 10:49 PM.

if you dont mind, could you recommned some of the nicer counter service places at MK or EPCOT...this is our first trip so Im just learning the ropes. ALso, if any unused meals, if you dont use them you lose them correct?

if you dont mind, could you recommned some of the nicer counter service places at MK or EPCOT...this is our first trip so Im just learning the ropes. ALso, if any unused meals, if you dont use them you lose them correct?
    We favor Peco's Bills at MK, they have a huge bar that is full of items to doctor up your burgers or sandwiches like mushrooms onions and fresh veggies. The plaza sandwich shop had really good and tasty sandwiches. Columbia Harbour by Haunted House is a very calm and large place. Fish and chicken. It de-hyped my kids enough to get food in their tummies.

Epcot was easier. In the Land Pavilion the Sunshine Season's on lower level by Soar'n is a food court. Something for everyone. From fast food favorites to good comfort food. Desserts are very good as is a cup of coffee.

The Countries are easy. Most all have a fast food venue depending on what your family prefers. Japans fast food has an out door seating area tucked away from the main sidewalk area. Waterfall. Even prettier at night. Peaceful. German has brats & beer/wine. Plan on sitting on a park bench or curb though.
    China (if open) has quick Chinese food. England great fish and chips.

MGM or DHS: Tough, not a fan of their fast food. Best Sunset Ranch Market, but 100% outdoor seating! Great fruit trays and cheese trays. There are 4-5 stands around the market area with all offering different items.

AK: Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari, if you don't eat there go in and look at the murals in each room. Kusafiri Coffee shop, for a coffee break and a fruit stand right across from it is excellent.

Yes you will loss the credits if you do not use them. We had snack left and my daughter bought candy to bring home. Counter, you can buy prepackaged sandwiches, fruit/cheese plates etc. from hotel for trip home. Great I'd guess for car, we travel by plane and way better than airplane food.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 01-20-2008 at 11:58 PM.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by kngdmhrts3 View Post
    def coral reef. just wait until AFTER your meal to ride nemo....
    why?
    LOL....cause you will be munching on Nemo and friends for dinner. LOL Kinda a guilt factor

I agree head over to allearsnet.com and check out the menus for the restaurants. It will tell you at the top of the page if it is counter or table service. They are a great way to decide. We even print them out and take them with us just in case we cant decide. Sooooooo much easier to have a menu ahead of time especially with kids (or adults=me) that cant decide what they want in line.

That said...our personal favs at MK.... Donnie (my SO) loves Pecos Bills double burgers and the fixins bar. I like Columbia Harbor House this last trip and the 5 yr old female likes anything with the words peanut butter or macaroni and cheese in it. LOL We all like the Figaro fries from Pinocchio's Village Haus Oh and I love the salad from Pecos Bill with the dressing that I cant pronounce on it (jimaca or something like that) HUGE serving.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

msladybugzz is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm planning on getting the DP (maybe the deluxe) for our weeklong trip to WDW in July. Mainly so my three teens do not need money every time they're hungry, plus they may not be at our side every moment. Anyway, do you think the deluxe plan is worth double the price of the regular DP? Can you recommend some "don't miss" table service places we should hit? Is DP dining available at the Marketplace or only resorts and parks? Thanks again for your help!

this is the first time for us on the Dining Plan and Disney for that matter. With three teens the dining plan would probably work out well for you. I have two young boys so Im not sure how we are going to make out...I figure with the cost of the meals, we would probably make out close to that because I dont see us leaving the parks with the short time that we will have.

As far as 'dont miss' table service, whispering Canyon Cafe is supposed to be amusing and good food..we are also hitting coral reef. I heard LeCellier is good for steaks but its dark and in a cellar...you can go onto each of the menus for the restaurants offered and see what you like. From my experience, book early. We are going in March and restaurantIs are already booked. Luckily I booked most of them in Jan so we have all of our meals planned. Also, make sure when
    you book your reservations, they repeat your dates back to you!!! they messed up my reservations for March at Chef Mickeys and now the kids are really disappointed! Even though all of my other reservations were for March they booked me for Jan...go figure.

Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast