Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss HELP!!... please?!?!? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello everyone I could really use some help right now!! I've been searching ALL over the internet to try and come up with some ideas... I'm going to WDW in ...
    aDREAM.is.aWISH is offline A-Ticket holder

HELP!!... please?!?!?

Hello everyone

I could really use some help right now!! I've been searching ALL over the internet to try and come up with some ideas...

I'm going to WDW in May (I can hardly contain my excitement) with my family, my boyfriend and his parents too!! This is a pretty big deal. I say that because, well, his parents aren't HUGE Disney fans (I know, but I'm working on that) Anyway, I'm trying to think of some fun things that his mom, my mom, and I could do while all the boys are out golfing? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what types of things we could do to pass the time?? Any fun "lady" activities?? I could use all the help I can get!!

Thank you!!!!
    ... when you can dream, then you can start
    a dream is a wish you make with your heart...

2008 Graduation Present : WDW
    MAY 13-19 2008

flutter is offline Moderator
    I would suggest spa treatments....either Grand Floridian or Saratoga Springs.....or maybe afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian

May is also during Flower and Garden Festival, perhaps there will be some seminar or something she would be interested in...a nice lunch and tour Epcot with all the cool topiaries?

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    How about shopping and lunch at the Disney Marketplace?
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    My first thought was the tea room at the Grand Floridian. (We've been twice and love it. The scones are to die for.) My dd and I attended a tea making seminar at the British pavilion in Epcot. I believe it was free, but you had to be in line early, near the garden area, to attend. The number of people they take at one time is quite limited. We enjoyed it.
    There are some really good outlet malls not far from WDW. My favorite is the Buean Vista Mall on 535 and Bueana Vista Parkway. If you head out of Downtown Disney past all the hotels, take a right onto 535 and it's a mile or two on the left. There are several shoe stores in there and a Disney Character store.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    I was going to say DTD or the malls that are only a taxi ride away!!
    There is also a cinema at DTD so you could take in a girly film then head to one of the lovely bars for a cocktail.
    My mum didn't want to come on the last WDW holiday with me as she is not really a fan, and she spent 2 weeks running from one thing to another!
    She is now a convert you'll be pleased to know, there aren't many who can resist the atmospere!
    Also she really loved the chilled out atmosphere of Thyphoon lagoon!

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I think shopping is always a great past time among ladies.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    My first thought was to spend the day shopping down at DTD Marketplace. They have some nice places to eat down there too.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Im going to say the same thing, DTD for shopping and after shopping go to the Spa and have some tea or a nice dinner or lunch somewhere. And then maybe go to one of the parks for just a girl day! Hope you all have a great time!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

flutter is offline Moderator

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    I would suggest spa treatments....either Grand Floridian or Saratoga Springs.....or maybe afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian

May is also during Flower and Garden Festival, perhaps there will be some seminar or something she would be interested in...a nice lunch and tour Epcot with all the cool topiaries?

Ditto! I was going to suggest all the same things! Personally, I especially like Flower and Garden and/or high tea at the Grand Floridian. Even going out and enjoying the Magic Kingdom and doing some attractions together. You can have some great conversations while waiting in line together and the time goes by faster too.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    There is always resort hopping where you can take WDW transportation to visit all of the various hotels. Some of these resorts are OUT OF THIS WORLD and it might be fun to walk around them looking. In case they aren't shoppers. But you could still shop this way! Then you might need that spa treatment!

sbmmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    If your BF's mother isn't a huge Disney fan, then shopping at the Marketplace might not be the best idea. You could, however, shop around the World Showcase at Epcot.

Illinibee is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I totally agree with Flutter about the Spa Day. The reason that I say this is because if his mom is not a big Disney fan it may actually be a good idea to get away from "Disney", but still getting the great Disney service. Shopping may be a little difficult only because if she is not a big Disney fan then she may not enjoy alot of the shops. I think a spa treatment is your best bet.
    92 - Off Property
    94 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    96 - Polynesian
    98 - Wilderness Lodge
    00 - Wilderness Lodge
    02 - Grand Floridian
    03 - Animal Kindgom Lodge
    04 - Pop Century
    05 - Wilderness Lodge
    06 - Port Orleans Riverside
    07 - Polynesian
    09 - Saratoga Springs/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas
    11 - Bay Lake Tower/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    11 - Beach Club
    11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    12 - Old Key West
    12 - TBD (Honeymoon Trip!)

aDREAM.is.aWISH is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Thank You

These are ALL wonderful ideas! I have never even heard of the tea time, and that definitely sounds like something she would love to do!! And I am definitely going to look into the spa option!! I really appreciate all the ideas! THANKS A BUNCH
    ... when you can dream, then you can start
    a dream is a wish you make with your heart...

2008 Graduation Present : WDW
    MAY 13-19 2008

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    You could go ride ride Stitch's Great Escape.........What?!?! Too random for ya?!!?....Jeez!!!
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!