Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Pocohantas show? in the Ask The Experts forums; i was looking at the maps of animal kingdom on disneyworld.com, and it showed a pocahontas show. ive never hurd of it, so i was wondering if anyone can telll ...
    wdw-fan is offline A-Ticket holder

Pocohantas show?

i was looking at the maps of animal kingdom on disneyworld.com, and it showed a pocahontas show. ive never hurd of it, so i was wondering if anyone can telll me what it is

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    Its basically a storyline of where people are cutting down the forest where Pocahontas lives and a bunch of animals come to her for help. She doesn't know what to do so she asks Grandmother Willow and eventully they figure out a way to protect the forest.

Its okay, I guess. If you don't have the time I would pass it up. But if have the extra time, are in the area, you really want to see it, or you haven't seen it before (which is your case), I would see it yourself and make your own judgement on it. Its close to the Festival of the Lion King at Camp Minnie Mickey.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Yensid78 is offline A-Ticket holder
    It is a live action show with forest type animals. Pocahontas comes out and talks around the same themes as the movies. I would say it is geared towards younger children. It is held in a rather small theater.
    Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow

galyssa is offline A-Ticket holder
    i never heard about that either
    winne the pooh bear!!
    Eeyore is totally AWSOME!!
    Every one loves Tigger!
    Piglet is so cute!!
    Jasmine is so butiful!!
    NICKI12 IS MY BFF AND SCRAP BOOK BUDDY!!
    FAST PITCH SOFT BALL ROCKS!!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    It's right next to the Festival of the Lion King. Everytime I've gone, it's been staggered so that a Pocahontas show starts just 10-15 minutes after Lion King lets out. This is a bad move, in my opinion. If you're just coming out of FotLK, you're pumped and full of energy and have just seen an INCREDIBLE show. Then you go over to Pocahontas and sit and listen to her talk about conservation for 20 minutes. It feels incredibly lame. I think Disney should stagger it so that people go to Pocahontas first and then FotLK. I think I'd enjoy both shows a lot more if I saw them in that order.