Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Goofy's Barnstormer in the Ask The Experts forums; Is it true that even though there is a height requirement of only 35" for Goofy's Barnstormer than there is an age requirement of at least 3 years? My son ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Exclamation Goofy's Barnstormer

Is it true that even though there is a height requirement of only 35" for Goofy's Barnstormer than there is an age requirement of at least 3 years? My son is already 38" tall but isn't even 2 yet!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    DisneyWorld.com just lists the height requirement of 35" and says it's good for Preschoolers.

AllEars says it has the height requirement of 35", but that "Although this is a fairly tame roller coaster, it may still be too rough for children under 3." No mention of it being a Disney rule that they must be 3.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Ok it was Mouse Planet that says it.....
    Traveling With Kids - Attraction Age and Height Requirements
    I was really looking forward to taking him on this year. Even says it for Maelstrom and the Backlot Tour. I had never heard of age requirements so that was new.
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 01-23-2008 at 01:33 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    That's the first and only place I've ever heard of age requirements for Disney World attractions. Anywhere. It also makes zero sense - you think a Cast Member is going to ask every young child how old he/she is before letting them into the queue? And if they did, how absurdly ineffective would it be?

ghasty is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I'm pretty sure our son rode it before he was 3 and loved it. I agree, have not seen age requirments listed anywhere else

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Apparently there is a age thing but it more of a recommendation then a rule. I took Meghyn on both Barnstormer and Maelstrom at 2.5 yrs.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Is the CM going to ask, probably not. If they do, just say he is 3. What are they going to do, ask for a birth certificate? I know that is not ethical, but neither is denying a child access to an attraction at Disney World.
    Last edited by mattj4226; 01-23-2008 at 06:39 PM.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I have never rode Goofy's Barnstormer but I would like too.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    My son rode it at 2yo and was fine
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    Is the CM going to ask, probably not. If they do, just say he is 3. What are they going to do, ask for a birth certificate? I know that is not ethical, but neither is denying a child access to an attraction at Disney World.
    IMHO, I wouldn't be so quick to think that way. If the parents of the 4 year old boy had thought about more than the height requirement for Mission:Space, maybe he wouldn't have died on the ride. Sometimes there are good reasons for the rules, like the g-forces are too great for young children. Some rides are just not all that safe with an adult and a young child riding together - think of the lap bars on some rides, which stops at the adult's lap and holds the adult in securely, but then the kid is left loose enough to slide around. I would much rather be told that my child is too young to experience this attraction safely than visit Celebration Hospital during my vacation.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    quote=mattj4226;590142]Is the CM going to ask, probably not. If they do, just say he is 3. What are they going to do, ask for a birth certificate? I know that is not ethical, but neither is denying a child access to an attraction at Disney World.[/quote]

My son at 3 was a daredevil. When he was three just by a few months he begged to ride Body Wars. We had never ridden either. So we agreed telling him that if it was to much for him while the ride was going to stop watching the screen and watch his toes instead. Three was the only age restriction at that time for Body Wars. The CM stopped us and questioned his age (plus she probably thought we were nuts to consider putting him on the ride). We answered 3.
    The look from the CM was disbelief and did not appear she was going to let us slide by, letting other guests through while holding us. I was annoyed and didn't carry a birth certificate to the park and then the CM asked to his his admission ticket. Children under 3 are free. I pulled out his children's admission ticket, the first one we every purchased for him and she then let us on.

The little daredevil did fine while on the ride and got off saying WOE! Never doing that again (but did the same trip) DH on the other hand was ill the rest of the day and never did Body Wars again. My daredevil would have been fine on the little roller coaster, my DD on the other hand would have needed a few more years. Be prepared to show his ticket if asked or leave line if you do not have one. My guess is that he is way beyond the height requirement they wouldn't ask for it.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    You have a good point. I understand restrictions on some rides like Everest or Mission: Space, but Barnstormer? But then again, kids under 3 do get in for free, so I guess beggers can't be choosers.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

minniesmh is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I took my daughter on the ride this past December. She's quite tall for her age and was just about to turn 2. We went on it and none of the CMs questioned me about her. DD liked it okay, and at the end, the CM asked me if it was her first roller coaster - which it was - and handed me a "First Roller Coaster - The Barnstormer" card. It was really cool!!
    minniesmh

Quote Originally Posted by minniesmh View Post
    I took my daughter on the ride this past December. She's quite tall for her age and was just about to turn 2. We went on it and none of the CMs questioned me about her. DD liked it okay, and at the end, the CM asked me if it was her first roller coaster - which it was - and handed me a "First Roller Coaster - The Barnstormer" card. It was really cool!!
    Oh cool! I'll have to remember to try and mention that to a CM when we go.